Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 3

♪ I see the parties and the diamonds sometimes when I close my eyes
Six months of torture you sold as some forbidden paradise ♪

Max Verstappen POV

The second practice ended and I was heading to the media pen when I finally saw the crew that was following George and there she was with her phone in hand and giving some tips as she stepped away from the scene. I can't believe this.

"I am going back to their hospitality. Tell me if you need anything," she tells the crew as she is obviously trying to leave quickly.

"Don't worry about it. We will meet you there in a bit," one of the videographers answers as he gives her a smile and she leaves while scrolling on her phone.

I did my interviews and went to Red Bull's hospitality where I saw my mom and sisters waiting for me. Nothing was working as it should, I was third in the morning and now I am second. Alonso is first! What the fuck has Aston done to their car?

"How are you feeling?" Victoria asks when she sees me and I shrug.

"Could've been better," I answer shortly, I don't want them to know Skylar is here, they will be pissed. They went from loving her to hating her rather quickly once they saw me unravel from her disappearance.

"The strangest thing happened. I saw someone really similar to Skylar while walking around the paddock, my brain is playing tricks on me," my mother said it so casually, and now I know I can't hide that all year long.

"She is back to working with DTS. She is with Mercedes," I mention as if nothing had happened and they both look at me like I was crazy.

"Where did she find the nerve to come back after just disappearing from the face of the Earth? Did you speak to her?" Victoria's voice shows her outrage at the situation, and I shake my head.

"I am not going to talk to her, she disappeared and I don't want to talk to her, it's the past to me." I am confident in my words and I see Daniel getting closer.

"I tried talking to her though," Daniel announces and the three of us quickly look at him.

"What was said?" Mom asks curiously.

"She wants us to leave her alone, all of us. I asked if this was a good idea and why she was coming back now. She said she was sorry she disappointed me but she was also let down so that's it. She basically ran from me." Daniel explained calmly and I just let out a laugh.

"She was let down? The fuck does that mean?" I ask, dumbfounded by the clear accusation.

"Even if you did something to make her end it, the least to do is have a conversation to break up with someone. She spent 3 years with you and ended it by ghosting everyone she knew. I loved that girl but what she did wasn't right." My mom says as she is obviously angry and we nod.

"It's better not to talk about this again. I can't do this. I will just pretend she isn't here. She chose Mercedes for a reason." I say as I start heading upstairs to my room.

We left the paddock quickly after that. Her name was already like a taboo around me, I made it a point not to talk about her last year after searching for her during the winter break. This year won't be any different, I don't know her anymore, maybe I never did.

At dinner, Victoria facetimed with her kids and they were all happy to see me and mom. We talked about random stuff and went to get some rest. I didn't even sleep. Once I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep, I just played video games and went with it.

I arrived at the paddock the next day and was with Daniel, Christian, Victoria, and Mom when she entered the paddock with George, she was laughing at something he said.

"But it's not that easy. I am not only here to boss them around, you will like the result." She tells him as she uses her card to enter.

"Well, can you explain it to me over lunch? I don't want to be ignorant for not knowing what your job functions are." He asks her with a cocky smile, he is hitting on her. Are they together, or is he trying to get together with her?

"We have talked about this. Don't do that, Russell." She tells him seriously and he nods.

"I still won't give up," he says calmly. He looks at me and smiles. "Good morning Max," the moment the words left his mouth I knew he did it on purpose for her to hear.

"Good morning to you too," Christian says ironically, and he chuckles.

"Good morning everyone." He corrected himself, but Skylar had increased her walking pace, and she was definitely running from the situation. "Wait for me!"

"I thought about saying so many things when I saw her, but nothing came out," Victoria says a few seconds later as I watch George catching up with Skylar.

"She literally ran away from us," Mom says surprisedly and I nod.

"Her and George? He doesn't seem much like her time," Christian says still surprised.

"I mean, he is exactly her type if we see it correctly. He just can't justify being like that yet," Daniel says calmly and we all look at him waiting for more of his thought process.

"Go ahead," I tell him and he shrugs.

"Ego on the clouds, pretty aggressive on the car, and also very tall. He has some similarities, but not enough for me to ever think about them together though. If you want my honest opinion, I don't think those two will be a thing." He says as he prepares to walk through the paddock.

"This is a closed subject. Let's just ignore her return," I ask as I head to the hospitality.

"You doing okay?" I hear Charles' voice, and I try not to insult him loudly.

"Better than ever, ready for the 3rd championship title. And you?" I know it was a cocky answer, but I knew what he meant, and I don't want to go down that road again.

"You know what I meant but I got the message, I am doing fine, I will see you in a bit." He says before running to meet Carlos who was a bit ahead of us.

"2023 will be a tough one," Christian says, already tired. I nod, agreeing with him. I don't like this.