Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 27

♬ I sent you signals and bit my nails down to the quick
My face was gray, but you wouldn't admit that we were sick ♬

George Russell POV

It fucking killed me to know he had his hands on her once again, whereas she panicked, she never did it with me, but she did it with him. We never mentioned that again. I invited her to spend summer break with me, and she said yes, surprisedly.

We traveled to London the next day, and I went to my family's house while she stayed at my apartment.

"Well, you finally got the girl," my dad says once we end up eating dinner, and I laugh.

"I hope so," I say proudly.

"By the pics, I would say you did," Benjy, my brother, says cheekily.

"She is gorgeous, though."

"She is glowing, she looks better now, it makes me remember her from a few years ago. How is that?" My sister, Cara, says curiously, and I shrug.

"She is confused, very confused. I don't think that will be worked out so soon. I am scared that if they have a serious talk, they will get back together, but I know that a talk would probably work out the huge amount of misunderstandings," I confess, and I see my parents are surprised.

"So... She still loves him, and he still loves her. Where does that leave you besides heartbroken?" My mom asked worriedly, and I didn't have an answer.

"I finally got the girl. I just don't know if what we have would be enough to compare to what they had, so I am just trying."

"You are playing with fire and waiting on the exponential chance you won't get burned. Call us when you get your heart broken. Now, let's change the subject." My dad was not wrong; I was hoping and praying for a good result out of this, and I might not get it.

She knew I was with them for the afternoon and dinner, so it didn't surprise me that she was sleeping when I got to the apartment. What surprised me was us being out on vacation, on a rented yacht, and she wore a bikini instead of a bodysuit. I saw the scars for the first time, and I just smiled.

"You are looking great, ready to get some tan?" I ask, and she nods happily.

"Are you not going to ask any questions?" She asks as she lies by my side, and I laugh.

"Are you willing to answer?" I ask back, and she nods.

"To you, yes," she confesses and I am surprised.

"Tell me all about it then, I am a very good listener."

"I was sick in 2021, I ignored it because, as everyone knows, Max was fighting for the championship, and I didn't think it was that serious. I left in the middle of the night he won the championship. I left a letter and went on with my life. I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. I went through chemotherapy and an operation. I am now in remission and recovering. I also wasted my whole savings in the USA because they had the best doctors there."

Her words were slow, calmly, and gently said. I was just shocked. If you get to the point where you feel like you can't tell your long-time boyfriend that you feel sick, then something is definitely wrong.

"Why didn't you tell him after he won the championship? He was free then," I question, honestly curious.

"Ava is Max's ex, and while everyone kept telling me how crazy he was about me and how much he loved me, it didn't seem like that at the time. I felt like her being there so many times was prejudicial to me. She was playing these mind games. I convinced myself Max was neglecting me, that he should've noticed I was sick. I thought that until I saw him again, he was just so indifferent to her."

"You should tell him this: this is not something you can carry around on your shoulders. This is slowing both you and him down. He deserves the closure, and so do you. Stop running from it," I advise her.

"What if there is no closure for us? What if closure means this ends?" She asks worriedly.

"Then it wasn't meant to be. If you love each other, then you should give it a try. I am not selfish enough to tell you I can make you feel how he did because I probably can't. I'm getting to know you. I love you, but I love the Sky that I am getting to know; you went through a lot alone, and you shouldn't have."

"This is too hard," she says with a pout.

"How about we enjoy the summer break, and then you can decide whether to tell him? If you feel like that's none of his business, then it's because it doesn't concern him. I am here for you, in whatever role you might need," I kissed her cheek and lay down for a bit to get some sun and rest.

I like that she is comfortable around me. We had a week together before she returned home to her parents. I will have one more week of vacation with my family before returning to work. After an enjoyable week, I drove her to the airport, two days in a yacht by the Italian islands, and then spent five days touring the surrounding smallest cities.

"I don't want you to be caught by surprise, but I am telling Max why I left; I need to clear this up," she says as she prepares to go through security.

"I think that is the right thing to do. Will you do it during the break or when we go to the Netherlands' race?"

"I am still deciding on that. Thank you for everything; you are a good man George," she says as she caresses my cheek, and I smile.

"Let's not make this feel like a last farewell because I am too emotional for that," I kiss her lips lightly and take a step back.

"We still have to work together; I can't really leave you like that. It isn't that simple," she laughs, and I do too.

"I promise not to make it awkward despite the choice you might make, I liked these past couple of months," I say honestly, and she smiles.

"See you soon, George, take care," she says, kissing my cheek soon after and hugging me before leaving.

Will he try to get her back? Will he forgive her for leaving him like that? I know I would've.

——————————
Hello my loves ❤️

I hope your holidays are going well with everyone you love.

For 2024 I wanted to offer everyone a new story and I will leave you some options so I can see what interests you most.

Here they are:

It's You - Charles Leclerc

Betting on Love - George Russell

Obsession - Christian Horner

Second Chance - Toto Wolff

Rich and Ruined - Lance Stroll

I hope any of this peaks your interest, and if you want to know more, I might tell you by message if you care enough to ask 😂.

I want to thank you all for the support I've had throughout this year, and I hope I can keep creating amazing stories you all love.

Love you all ❤️