Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 37

♪ Just wanna cut my hair, little black dress, can't forget
Just wanna show you whatever she do, i can do it better ♪

Skylar Abbott POV

Forget everything you might've known about me. I am done being sweet and polite. I am in my reputation era since the moment I saw Ava in the paddock. I was in the Mercedes garage, completely fuming; why the fuck was she here? 

"She bought the ticket herself," Jos tells me as I am heading there, and I stop in my tracks.

"And why are you telling me that?" I ask as I cross my arms and he laughs.

"Because you were about to scold Max, and he has a car to drive. Plus, even though I think this is stupid, he is crazy about you. That man won't even look at her unless she is standing in his way," he says as he rolls his eyes.

"Your multiple wives would've appreciated the same effort," I say before going to where Max was on his phone.

"Oh, I was about to text you," he says, a smile appearing on his face as his hand goes to my waist.

"Why is she here?" I ask as I lean closer, and he swallows nervously.

"I'm sorry, she says she had already bought the tickets for Abu Dhabi and didn't want it to go to waste," he is apologetic, and I nod.

"Do you love me?" I ask seriously, and he nods enthusiastically.

"Like a damn fool, baby," he says with a silly smile, and I laugh.

"Good, keep that in mind," I say before passionately kissing him. I heard Christian's laugh and then Jos's before I stepped back. Max was just in awe.

"Can we do it again? For further encouragement for the race? I found this to be pretty effective," he says as he pulls me closer.

"Remember this if you even consider talking to her. You won't taste my lips in a long time," I say confidently, and he seems surprised before smirking.

"My good girl has gone bad, and I like that. Remember this attitude for tonight, please. Only one person can threaten me in current times, and it's you," he says before giving me a quick kiss.

"I am gonna wear that little black dress you like so much, so please win this," I say as I fix his hair, and he nods.

"You better be waiting for me when I get out of the car, or I will disappointed," he kisses my forehead, and I step away. 

"I feel like there will be a Mercedes there, so I will definitely be there," I say as I wave to Victoria before leaving for the Mercedes's garage.

And I was right. George managed to get on the podium too. I was waiting for Max to park, and when he finally did, he came straight to me. I hugged him and stepped back as he hugged his family and team. 

After the podium, I came back to the garages to make sure everything was on track, and I found Ava, who didn't look that pleased.

"You won," she says as she stands in front of me, stopping my way.

"I know," I say proudly.

"How did you do it? I expected that a Max who was completely shattered and broken would be vengeful and wouldn't give a fuck, but he never once cared for me or anyone else. No one ever could live up to the great Skylar. What a high standard you've been put on, are you doing good in that pedestal?" She asks with a very strong hint of jealousy and annoyance.

"Oh, I am doing just fine, honey. I am so damn glad he didn't fall for your stupid games like I thought he might have. You almost got what you wanted; I gotta give you that. How did you steal the stuff? The money, the letter, the ring," I was genuinely curious, but she shrugs.

"I went to the lobby, told them I was Skylar Abbott and I had lost my key card to the room, told them the room, who was staying in there, and the check-in time. I was outside when I saw you leaving, I knew damn well you didn't leave at 9 AM with you luggage just for a walk. I saw my chance and took it," she says it so casually that I almost wondered if this was this normal. At least for me, it isn't.

"And you still failed miserably in the next few steps of that genius plan. If you had been quiet, Max wouldn't have suffered half of what he did. You don't deserve him; he is way too good for you," my disgust for this woman is a newfound feeling; I used to dislike her, but this was just sick.

"You don't deserve him either, but you will get him wrapped around your finger."

"I might not deserve him, but he is mine. I can also assure you that I got him wrapped around a lot of things, but my finger isn't the main one," I say with a smirk before just brushing into her and throwing her to the floor. "That's where you belong."

I am glad to have the certainty that he didn't have anything with Ava. I wouldn't blame him, but giving her that satisfaction is just something I would prefer not to do, so I am glad I don't have to do it. 

Abu Dhabi is one of a kind; it's the last race, it's filled with the richest people in the world, and the parties are out of this world. But all I wanted was him, and all I wanted this time was to stay.

We may be broken in our own way, but our broken pieces fit right in like a puzzle. He is the only one who is able to understand me, and I am the only one who can understand him. I don't need perfection, I need unconditional love. And this time, I am sure this is what we always had, no matter what outside interference we might have.

--------------------------------

Hello loves!

The next chapter will be the epilogue, and I will release George's story as promised.

I hope everyone liked this story as much as I did, and I hope you will like the Epilogue and the other stories I am set to release very soon.

I am very close to reaching the 2K followers milestone, which will mean a Toto Wolff story being released, and I might release an Oscar Piastri story to replace "Complex" in the schedule I usually maintain.

What do you think about an Oscar Piastri story?

I love you all, and I hope to see you in all the other stories.