What You Did Was Just As Dark

Deku frowned at six am, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he yawned. Ochaco had pulled herself out of his arms and was sitting up in the bed. He assumed she needed directions to the bathroom, before he saw the silhouette looming over his bed, Ochaco seemed tense. Deku felt around the wall behind him for the gun he had hidden in the wall, hitting against random boards for the weaker one. He felt the weak point in his wall and was about to break through it to free his weapon before he recognized the man looming over his bed from the news.

"Kacchan." he groaned, "why? Why are all of you-"

"Shut up!"

Bakugo turned on the light and rolled his eyes "hello Uravity." he said "Get the fuck out."

"No. Kacchan. You can't boss her around you're not at work-" But Ochaco was climbing out of bed, and walking out the door.

Bakugo frowned, she was wearing pajamas that seemed to be her own.

"How long have you been seeing her?"

"I met her this morning! I just- we really hit it off!"

Bakugo frowned, he wasn't sure what to think "What the hell is going on, Izuku?"

"What do you mean?"
"What is going on? Are you in danger?"
"No. I am just an arms dealer."

"I don't buy it. The kid I knew-"

"The kid you knew threw himself from a roof after his notebook." Deku said dryly

Bakugo glared at him, "You want to talk about middle school? Well, I'm sorry, I really am. The things I did were awful, but Deku, what you are doing-"

"Is selling weapons. I don't use them. I just distribute them. What the people who get weapons do with them is on them. My hands are clean."

"You can't possibly believe that, the kid I-"
"Shut the fuck up! Don't you dare act like you know me! The kid you knew was told one hundred and fourteen times that he couldn't be a hero! And when he tried to help people anyways he damn near fucking starved! So yeah. Shit has changed! I'm terribly sorry to have disappointed you!"

Bakugo stared at him blankly "so you started hurting people for a profit?"

"I haven't hurt anyone! I have designed weapons and sold them to the highest bidder. Actually, Kacchan, I think your kill count is higher than mine." Deku smirked, "do I need to remind you? How many people were in that building? Hundreds? Thousands? Oh no. That's right hundreds of thousands. Hundreds of thousands dead because of a lack of foresight on the end of the number one hero. I must say, Kacchan, I always knew you were volatile, really it was just a matter of time-"

Deku tasted blood, as Bakugo's fist met his nose, he supposed he deserved that. He looked at his crimson hand and sighed with mild annoyance.

"Fuck you." Bakugo's voice was cold "I am not going to stand here and argue about morality with you. I came here to make sure no one had hurt you or Uravity."

And to try to help the kid he had hurt so long ago. Bakugo didn't know what to do, he felt dizzy, seasick, somehow. What happened to the little boy who loved superheroes? The ray of sunshine who he had envied so much! How could he possibly be swallowed by the darkness so completely? What was Bakugo's part in it? Had he fed Deku to the wolves? No.. Bakugo had just clipped his wings and left him there for the wolves

Deku huffed "Get out of my house."

"Stay away from my fucking employee."

Deku laughed and shook his head, pushing past him, he was a bit surprised when Bakugo made no attempt to stop him. He just sighed, and started to make his way towards the door. He had expected Kacchan to fight him more, he had never seen him take defeat so quickly. He would be doubling his security measures over the weekend. He went out to his kitchen where he saw Ochaco.