two🧡

(a/n: your reminder to pay attention to the timeline 💀)

(10 months ago)

"Tzuyu stop it!!" Minnie tried to dodge Tzuyu's mock kiss, teasing about her new crush. "Yuqi, help me!!"

Yuqi rolled her eyes, tugging Tzuyu's arm. "Come on, Tzu, don't tease her too much."

Tzuyu backed off with a giggle. "Okay, fine, but you should invite your crush to our sleepover," she suggested.

Minnie's face burned red. "What? No, it's fine. I don't want to."

"You sure? Yuqi and I can pretend to go to bed early so you and her can have some sexy ti–"

"We're in the fucking apartment hallway!" Minnie put a hand on Tzuyu's mouth, eyes glaring.

Yuqi chuckled, reaching for her key in her backpack. Then she heard someone crying. She stopped walking, making Tzuyu and Minnie practically crash into her.

"Why?" Minnie looked at Yuqi with a cocked eyebrow.

"Do you guys hear that?" Yuqi turned to the apartment door right next to them. She took a step closer. Nothing.

"You're being delusional," Tzuyu huffed, snatching the key from Yuqi's hands and walking off to her apartment down the hall.

I swear I heard something. Yuqi knew it was an invasion of privacy, but she leaned closer to the door. She could clearly hear the sound of someone crying, it sounded like a girl. Yuqi's heart broke, leaning forward even more. That's when she fell.

Yuqi stumbled into the apartment, falling right onto the floor with an oof! What the.. Was the door open?? She stood up off of the floor and dusted herself off, body freezing when she saw the crying girl she had heard from outside. And she was looking right at her.

"W-what are you doing in my house??" She frowned, holding another sob.

Yuqi wanted to point out that this was an apartment complex, but she backed away. "Sorry, sorry, I didn't know your door was open!"

"Wait! Don't leave me!" She called after.

Yuqi looked back up at the girl, taking in her red, puffy eyes, and tear-stained cheeks. But also her perfectly-cut, bleached blonde hair and beautiful face. "Are you alright?"

"Soojin went to wash the laundry," She cried, burying her face in her hands.

Yuqi closed the door behind her softly, coming closer to the girl sitting on the couch. Who is Soojin? She wondered, sitting next to her. Yuqi reached her hand to the girl's back and rubbed it slowly to comfort her.

"I'm all alone now," She sobs, leaning into Yuqi's touch.

"You have me here," Yuqi cracked a small smile, gazing into her eyes affectionately. What? No, I shouldn't look at her like that. I just met this girl for fucks sake.

The girl suddenly wrapped her arms around Yuqi's torso tightly, wetting her shirt with tears. "You don't leave me too, then. Okay?"

"I.. I won't," Yuqi murmured, wrapping her arms around the girl as well.

They stayed like that for a while, the girl's heavy cries dying down to short sniffs, and then quiet breaths. How long is she going to cuddle me like this? Yuqi looked down at the pretty girl, not actually minding the fact that she was having such intimate contact with someone she had just met.

The apartment's door opened, a black-haired woman entering with a basket full of clothes in her hands. Her eyes darkened. "Who are you??" She whispered, aware of the girl sleeping.

"My name is Yuqi," She whispered back.

The woman's breath hitched, and she almost dropped her basket. "What are you doing here?"

"I.. I just–"

"Soojin, you're back!!" the blonde perked up from her short nap, arms still tucked around Yuqi's middle tightly.

"Soyeon, you're going to have to say goodbye to your friend.. She's just a stranger," The woman, Soojin, said.

"She can't go! She promised that she wouldn't leave me."

Soojin looked Yuqi deep in the eyes for a very long moment, as if deciding if she could trust her or not. Finally, she muttered, "okay."