twenty-two🧡

(A/N: heya! i'm back with an angsty chapter eheh—)

(present day)

Tzuyu sat in her bed all morning. She waited and waited and waited. Finally she pulled the covers back over herself, shutting her eyes tight. She's not coming is she?

~

(present day)

Yuqi knocked on the house's door once, but then reached to ring the doorbell an ungodly amount of times instead. She tapped her foot on the ground impatiently, a thought crossing her mind that this person could be at work.

Soyeon hid behind Yuqi, trying her best to resist the urge to cling to her like a lost puppy, even if that was exactly how she felt right now.

The door finally opened, revealing a woman with short, black hair, and a stunning jawline. Even in the small striped robe she was clad in, she still looked good. Her pale, milky skin glowed under the sun's rays which she was currently squinting behind. "Umm, can I help you?"

And it didn't even hit Yuqi that she had been caught staring. Her mouth opened to try and form words but she couldn't. All of her worst fears have been confirmed and were standing right in front of her. She's so much prettier than me...

"Soyeon!"

Yuqi was practically shoved to the side as the two embraced, leaving her to watch the interaction. She was hurt, but she wasn't stupid. Despite the horrific marks all over Soyeon's body, this woman looked at her like Yuqi does. It made her want to puke.

"Did you sleep well?" The woman questioned, running her fingers through Soyeon's hair.

"No," Soyeon mumbles, looking at the ground self-consciously, then turning to Yuqi. Soyeon was confused. Why am I here again? Why won't Jihyo act like she did yesterday so that Yuqi can see how horrible she is?

"My son missed you," The woman laughed as a big brown dog tumbled Soyeon over, covering her face with big, slobbery kisses.

"S-see you later, Soyeon. I.. I guess I'll come back to pick you up." And with that, Yuqi dashes straight back to the car, locking the doors and throwing her jacket over her head so that she wouldn't be able to see how that woman began to kiss Soyeon. On her lips. Yuqi felt like her chest was going to explode. She can't breathe. What even is this? What's going on? Her hands gripped the wheel so hard that her knuckles turned white. She could hear Soyeon laughing, and then the door shut.

She slowly took the jacket off of her head, breath steadying. This was supposed to go differently. She'd imagined that she would talk to this woman and tell her that Soyeon didn't want to hang out with her anymore. But.. I didn't know that Soyeon wanted to be with her...

And then, she knew. She knew what had happened.

Jealousy.

The car shook as someone knocked on the window. She raised her head, shoulders slumping when she saw a police officer and a guy behind her in a black uniform. Hesitantly, she got out of the car and put her hands up, an eyebrow raised. I didn't break the law, did I?

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this property," the officer said.

"..why?"

"You dropped off, miss uh.. Soyeon, didn't you? Now you can leave," this time, the guy in the black uniform spoke.

Yuqi put her hands down. "I'm her ride back too. Why can't I park here? I wasn't disturbing anybody."

The guy's face was grim. "If you are a threat to Miss Jihyo or her friends, I have the authority to esc—"