eleven💚

(present day)

"Come here," Minnie murmured, patting Yuqi's back slowly while she looked on at Miyeon talking to the lady at the front desk of the hospital about payment.

"I'm never going to see her again am I?" Yuqi whined, clenching Minnie tightly.

"Shh, she's not going to die from a surgery."

Yuqi shook her head. "Soojin's never going to let me near her for what I did."

Minnie sighed, picking up her phone from her pocket. She pulled Yuqi away from her and handed her the phone. "There's only one way to find out."

Yuqi's face paled as she looked at the phone in her hands.

~

(present day)

Soojin rolled over in her bed, the soft sheets muffling her groan of sleepiness. Her loud ringtone chimed in the room, forcing her awake. Who the fuck is calling me at this hour? She thinks, reaching groggily for her phone on her desk that had a polaroid of her and Soyeon in its case. She looked at the caller ID, furrowing her brow when it read unknown.

She let it ring, assuming it was a scam. But her imagination got the best of her. What if Yuqi and Soyeon are stranded in the middle of nowhere and their phones are dead and they're calling me from a—

Soojin slid on the "answer" before she let her thoughts go any further. "Hello?"

"Soojin-ah," someone on the other line said.

"Yuqi? Why was the caller ID unknown?" Soojin's shoulders relaxed, hearing Yuqi's voice, she didn't seem to be in any danger.

"I'm on Minnie's phone," Yuqi answered, continuing, "I don't want you to get mad at me, but—"

"Why aren't you home right now?" Soojin interrupted, worried about both Yuqi and Soyeon.

"I'm getting to that."

~

(present day)

Someone laid a blanket over her, taking her arm and gently picking the glass out of it with a tool that Soyeon didn't know the name of. So she decided to ask for a different name. "What's yours?"

"My name?—" Soyeon nodded "—My name is Jihyo." The doctor smiled without looking up from Soyeon's arm in the brightly lit room. "I'm not hurting you, right?"

"You are," Soyeon responded with a neutral face, looking down at her arm that was glass-filled and crusty with blood.

"Do you want some painkillers?" Jihyo asked kindly.

"No, I'm fine."

Something about this place calmed Soyeon. It was a fairly small room, the only thing in it being the white chair Soyeon was sitting in, and a sink. The whole room was painted white, the blue and orange carpet on the floor being the only color.

"And what's your name?"

"Soyeon. But they call me 'baby' sometimes even though that's not my name." Soyeon pursed her lips. She liked it when they did that.

"Who's they..?" Jihyo asked, plucking the last piece of glass before getting out a cleaning wipe to clean the wounds.

"Yuqi and Soojin, I live with them."

"Ah," Jihyo smiled, "do you like living with Yuqi and Soojin?"

Soyeon frowned. "Sometimes they're annoying. Yuqi does stuff sometimes and then later she tells me that she would never do that, even though she did it earlier!"