seventeen💛

(present day, the whole chapter)

She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She felt like something was— no, she knew that something was in the room with her. She didn't know who, or what, it was though. She couldn't move. And she couldn't tell by their voice because all they did was scream. In her ear. Loud, bloody murder that could probably be heard from outside. So, the question is, why doesn't anyone hear it? Why is it only her?

Someone should be coming soon, at least, she hopes that someone will come soon. Anyone. To save her.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. Why wouldn't the screaming stop? Why can't she breathe? Wait, WHY can't she BREATHE? She needed to get a hold of herself. She needed to calm down.

But maybe something as simple as that might not be so easy right now.

~

Yuqi hugged Soyeon's pillows, imagining that it was her. She kissed the top of the pillow, snuggling into the soft cushion. Of course, it was more comfortable than spooning Soyeon but.. it wasn't the same. The pillows didn't blush when she kissed them, they don't smell like Soyeon's shampoo, and she's unable to let the pillows' heartbeat lull her to sleep.

I don't know how I survived that week when Soojin kicked me out.. Yuqi thinks with a small sigh. She knew that Soyeon was at Minnie's house, and that made her feel better. But she missed her. I'm so stupid, she scolds herself, I saw her this morning and I already miss her? At that thought, she hugged the pillows tighter, pursing her lips. She didn't know what to do.

"Hey," someone says, "can I come in?"

"Sure," Yuqi replies, eyes still closed.

The bed dips beside her and the person sighs. "Soojin sent me in here to talk to you."

"Great." Yuqi didn't mean for it to come out as harsh as it did. "Sorry, I didn't mean that—"

"No, it's okay. If you're mad at me, I mean," Shuhua fiddles with her fingers, looking down at the bed.

Yuqi loosened her grip on the pillows and slowly blinked open her eyes. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"Um.. I don't know. You didn't seem too pleased when Soojin introduced me."

"Oh." Yuqi murmurs. "Why did Soojin send you to talk to me? I'm.. doing alright."

"Yuqi-ssi," Shuhua looked at her earnestly. "I heard you whispering to those pillows." Yuqi groaned in embarrassment. "You can tell me anything, you know? I'll be here for you."

Yuqi took a deep breath. "Is it weird that she's only been gone for a few hours and I'm missing her like crazy? It's like something is eating me from the inside and I feel like I'm going insane.." Yuqi lets out a sad noise, burying herself back in the pillows. "Can I call you unnie? Yeah, I'm going to," she murmurs.

Shuhua laughs. "I'm younger than you, actually."

Yuqi sits up in disbelief. "Then what's all that?" she gestured towards Shuhua and the younger girl looked confused so she decided to just say it. "You're more mature than I am, aren't you? You.. take care of Soojin."

"Can we just be equals, no formalities?" Shuhua's hand slithered under the blankets to brush against Yuqi's hand. Yuqi shook it happily. Shuhua managed to get her mind off of Soyeon as they talked together about anything. Yuqi was beginning to see why Soojin liked Shuhua.

~

"Min."

"Nghhh.."

"Min!"

"Yeah?" The Thai yawned. "What's up?" She snuggled into the older girl, kissing her shoulder tenderly.

"I hear someone screaming.."

"You should go back to bed, Yeon." Receiving no response, she tapped lightly on her shoulder, eyebrows furrowing. A sob racked Miyeon's body beside her. "Miyeon??"

"I said I heard something.. They're not just screaming but they're screaming. Where's my phone?"

Minnie swallowed. She was unused to waking up at a time like this, so she couldn't really hear anything. All she wanted to do was cuddle back up in the warm bed and drift back asleep–

"Nicha Yontararak!" Miyeon whisper-yells.

Minnie sighed. If you're so curious why don't you go and see for yourself? "Fine, I'll come with you." She, sadly, gets out of bed, taking Miyeon's hand and leading her out of the room. She flinches, a scream being heard from the room next to them. Minnie's face pales and she rushes to try and bust open the locked door.

Soyeon is in that room.