four💚

(present day)

"Ah.." Soojin nodded, leaning back in the chair, "So that's how it happened."

Yuqi nodded, pursing her lips once she remembered something that happened a while ago. "Jin.. did I ever ask her to have sex with me? 'Cause you know I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on her."

Soojin let out a small sigh. "Of course you didn't. But, you know, I've come to the thought that there's this person in her head. Looks exactly like you, but is much different than you. This person in Soyeon's head, she's... brutal."

Yuqi nodded her head slowly, trying to make sense of anything Soojin had just told her.

"But there's something weird about it," Soojin confessed. "She.. she's been talking about someone named 'Yuqi' being with her way before you came into her life."

Yuqi scratched her head in confusion.

"Before you though, Soyeon talked about this person like she did kind things. But after you..." Soojin trailed off giving Yuqi a look.

"Okay," Yuqi said, even though she didn't understand. "So how can we stop it? Should I.." Yuqi sucked in a shaky breath, "Should I leave?" The thought of saying goodbye to this apartment building or never being in contact with Soyeon and Soojin again made her breath falter.

Soojin reached to hold Yuqi's hand. "Why would you do that? I know you don't want to leave, you love her too much."

Yuqi squeezed Soojin's hand, wiping away her own tears with the other. "I'll do anything to make sure she's going to be okay. Soojin, you're the only one who understands what it feels like to walk in her room and see her with that.. those.. cuts.."

Soojin swallowed. She did know. "Until I schedule another therapist's appointment,—" Yuqi cringed at the way Soojin said 'schedule'. Because they both knew she meant until she can afford it. "—I need you to stay by her side. Maybe that will get rid of that evil woman."

"I will," she promised, reaching in her pocket for her phone. She tapped a few times, then put it away.

Soojin's phone pinged.

The older looked at Yuqi suspiciously. "What did you do?" She muttered, opening her phone. Her jaw hung open as she read the notification.

yuqisong.923 sent you 2 million KRW

"Yuqi.."

"You need it. And don't worry about dinner, I'll come over every night to make it. Just keep working, Soojin, I'll take care of Soyeon and do chores around here too."

Soojin moved her arm to hold Yuqi's other hand too, a small but appreciative smile resting on her face. "What did I do to deserve you?"