Chapter 22

"Number 193..."

The number was planted on the wooden door in gold italics. Just like any other dorm room you walk past by. You approached the door until your feet stopped in front.

Soon after knocking, it opened to the cherishable person you talked with on the phone earlier.

"Hey Y/n." Cha eun woo smiled with a warmly welcome. You pretty much faked a smile to feel favored. Greeting him back with the similar sentence, "Hi Eun woo."

"Come in." He allowed you inside. 

He offered the standard drink or snack option to which you humbly denied. Your stomach wasn't fed but it wasn't audibly asking for it. His hand gestured to a seat beside the dining table, and this time you accepted.

It kinda started off awkward. Just silence filling the room along with the light air of the fan blowing above the living room. He smiled it off with the small talk happening. "So.. have you done anything fun recently?"

You found it a little funny getting asked this sort of question between two nearly aged adults. But you got used to the 'small talk awkward conversation starters'.

"Not really." You responded light-heartedly, not so much forming any sort of cheerful emotion. 

His eyes stole admirably glimpses of you, with it being anonymous in your view. Your hands clammed together, laid-back but at ease on the table as you talked to Eun woo.

"Didn't really expect to see you were alone in the dorm."

"Well. It's good-timing since you're here. My room-mate went out with a friend." He said. The slither of curiosity peeked in your head: Who's his room-mate? But, you didn't commit to ask.

At least he didn't ask who your  room-mate was. Heck, would you even answer that? That thought might have climbed up on you like a vine of thorns, prickling your sense of nervousness. You carried on the conversation, clearing smokes.

"I guess I'm being that room-mate at the moment." You grinned, playing with your finger tips.

Soon after, Cha Eun woo's eyes sparked, twisting his seat around to bring his stance. He assembled to the kitchen, pulling out some glass jug from the fridge with two cups beside his arm. 

It indicated that he was leading for the casual drink offer which you didn't announce your answer until he would ask the question. 

No, I'm good or Kind of you, but I'll pass. Or maybe you'd just care to let him talk as he calmly motioned a half-filled glass near you.

"Lemonade?"

You peered up just before he completed his sentence.

"Freshly-squeezed. Fresh out of the fridge." 

His glinted smile never failed to peek through the cracks and hallways to your precious heart. You had it, almost, not absorbing your melty heart, but this time, you let him have it.

He placed it gently on the table in front of you like a generous waiter. The cold condensation outside the glass already made your skin wet with a firm hold of one hand.

"Can I get the coupon as it's discount?"

"No. It's free of charge. No need for the bill." He sat back down beside you, keeping his smile to his lively face.

"Huh. Really?" Your face pulled a playful expression as you sipped it's liquid, running coldly but sleek down into your throat.

It's perfect. Just the finest quality a lemonade could even reach. Even the pulp of the lemon residue was sliding between the sides of the glass, landing on your lips.