Chapter 25

It's been about a day since Y/n would have filed that complaint about me and begged the principal daddy that she'd move dorms.

In the meantime, I was standing in the middle of the alleyway with my black-clothed crew blowing smoke from their lips and bashing sticks together like kids.

My brain was off to another dimension if you were to steal a glance of my face at the minute I'm resting against the brick wall.

I fetched a cigarette from the packet and lit a flame at the end. Inhaling and exhaling a cloud of smoke as it fled from my lips.

As I was staring off at an imaginary sunset I wished was real to ease my nerves, a womanly figure clacks her heels over toward me. The men around the alley swoon over her appearance, and I already could tell who it was.

Her approach made her face more clearer when she stood close to me. I didn't flick eyes at her. Just continued to smoke.

"Tch. Do you have to smoke? Why are you suddenly smoking?" Jieun Mi puckered up her lip, slightly disgusted.

"Because I can." I replied, having the cigarette dangle from my mouth.

Her fingers swiped it out from between my lips and tossed it without thought. "Saving you from future hospital bills." 

"I can afford it."

It was blatant that she was trying to draw my attention onto just simply looking at her. There's no point in eyeing at her fancy outfit. I was just here to smoke in a pool of gloom. She scoffed, defeated. 

"Why don't we go out sometime?" She innocently slanted her head.

"Why don't you leave me at peace for once?"

"I was thinking some time later today." She said, completely obliterating my simple request. I was nothing but cold stone. 

"Come on, Kookie. It's been a while since we've been out on a date."

She glided her feeling hands up my shirt to lay on my shoulders. That Kookie word is not gonna do any trick. 

"No." I said sternly.

"Go for a drink?"

"I decide. We're not going on a date."

I mark my words as a final. Jieun Mi, however, is a stingy piece of heavy work.

"I know a good cafe-"

"Jieun Mi, for christ sake. Battering your eyes won't flip my answer. You're almost an adult, you can spell out what I'm gonna say." 

"Ooh. It's about your other girlfriend, right?"

I pierced my gaze into her eyes. Just like she wanted anyway. For our eye contact. "I'm not trying to be rude about her, I'm just asking."

A sigh released between my teeth, that at any minute, are gonna be grinding like metal gears of an engine.

She removed her hands from me and pouted her lip. "Fine. But I want something as an alternative."

I rolled my eyes, but set them back onto her. 

"I want a kiss."

My mind must've restarted. No words come through me as if I didn't hear what she just demanded me of. Judging by her expression, she seemed rather serious.

The page split between us, and now it's a proximity I couldn't really figure out how to get out of. Her arms wrapped around my neck, and my brows were stitched, uncertain.

"Just one. Then I'll leave you alone."

The strings in my heart were tugging on me to refuse the request. But, it was too late. I said no less, and let her do it.