Chapter 9

I was surprised to see Cha Eun-woo standing directly from my nose. He laughed from my astounded expression.

"Sorry, I didn't see you." I etched the back of my neck in slight embarrassment. 

"It's alright." He brushed it off. He began to ask about current destination. "Where are you going?"

I smiled awkwardly. 

"Oh, I just came out from my home. I was just about to head back to the dorms. I don't know if I was allowed to stay back at my house."

"That's fine. I went back to visit my mother a few days ago. I did miss her quite a lot.." He looked aside.

"Well, we haven't been in our dorms for that long. I'm sure our parents are fine without us for a few weeks since they want to get rid of us anyway."

I chuckled to be clear I was joking. Once I unveiled a mild laugh, his eyes drifted upon me with a blank face.

I was unsure about what made him glare at me like that.

He soon spoke to my statement, "I missed her a lot because I hadn't seen her in over two years.. since my parent's divorced."

After that, I felt that I instantly wanted to rewind time and refrain from what I said . That was only aimed as a sarcastic joke. I didn't mean it to actually seem offensive to him.

I muttered an apology. "Oh... I'm so sorry.. I was just joking."

He then used his hand to ruffle my hair as if it was nothing personal. Although, I wasn't super sure if he consumed that to be a sarcastic remark, but he laughed along anyway.

"It's okay. I know that you're a sarcastic person."

His smile sparkled so angelically, forcing my feelings to bubble up and paint me red. Ack! He's just too sweet and cute

"Anyway, I need to head out. See you at school next week!" I waved as I skipped past him. I was glad to run into him, but it wouldn't of changed anything.

Cha Eun-woo's POV

Watching her skip away, it gave hope in my senses. Maybe my emotions with change my mind. I'm rather doubtful. 

I walked by her house to mine. Only a one minute stroll to my house where I'm living with my step-dad.

He was quick to spot me walking inside from the front door. Never alerted him about my rather late presence. 

"Afternoon my son." He unfolded his legs as he got up from his chair.

The back of his palm caressed the side of my face as I kept my expression blank. I had no care about him since he is my only 'loving' father figure to hold for.

"Give rest. We have things to unravel by tomorrow." His arms slid out of his blazer, placing it gracefully on the head of the couch before walking in his office room with a stylish posture.

Right as I welcomed myself into my bedroom, I laid at flat as a pancake onto my bed. Only a single blow-up mattress with thick bed sheets and a duvet.

It's not like my father couldn't afford a nice, luxurious bed, he just doesn't have the strength to encourage my well-being and worth. He's all about lying to himself, and thinking only about himself.

Everything else decorated in the house is all rented luxery for my father's taste in lifestyle. My mother is also neglective as much as my dad.

But there's way more reasons why I can't stay with her..
We're not poor, we just haven't discovered ourselves yet.