Chapter 29

My mind could only think of so much as I gawked over at the shining thin line of the horizon, shadowing beneath the surface as the night and stars tent the sky.

I stood calmly on the balcony as I watched the landscape turn dull. I felt Jieun Mi's arms wrap around my bicep and snuggled her face on her my shoulder like earlier.

"The night sky is beautiful, isn't it?" She asked.

"Mhm." I answered nonchalantly at her simple question. 

Her way of touching me was undesirable. I wished to replace her with Y/n where I could feel her hold me instead of Jieun Mi in the moment.

My faced was completely statued to unfazed. I sensed her glance up at me, but I purposely didn't see it. 

"I don't want you touching me." I said sternly without moving a muscle. She stared back with more displeasure. I wanted her existence to be no longer in sight of me.

"You're not still thinking about her, are you?"

I didn't reply. She asks of me with that dissatisfaction in her voice.

"The more you think of me, the more you'll feel better." Her hand started softly caressing my arm like I was an ill child being cared by my mother. My mother I can't even see again.

"We're getting married soon anyways." She said, lapping her head back to my shoulder. 

I loosened her grip from my arm and her head shifted back up with a mixture of distrust and confusion on her face.

"You'll be better off if you didn't have me as a partner." 

We met gazes with each other. Her brows more creased than mine. She was silent, quite strangely. She wasn't being defensive. 

Even though I couldn't really protest it with my father in the making of all this, I still refused no matter where my father wanted me to be. 

It pisses me off how long I've been standing in his shadow, under his puppet strings, and tossed around to whatever little decision he has with me to follow with.

My cold-hearted glare began to taunt Jieun Mi a fraction more than it did. "I'd hate to have a wife who's too difficult to deal with." I said.

She pressed her lips together while standing in a bubble full of awkward tension. I made my words crystal clear and firm as concrete.

With that, I escorted myself from the balcony back inside. Jieun Mi was just left crossing her arms, and fiddled her tongue in her cheek.

I couldn't care less if she made some sort of sob story to lure me back in her petty arms. She's rich enough to buy another man's love.

-

I slid myself past the corridor which eventually entered my father's substantial sized office.

He sat very cocky and arrogantly on his desk chair, raising a spliff between two fingers as he observed from the high tops with me marching sternly towards him.

"What brings you back down here?" He said collectedly. "Looks like our discussions haven't finished yet."

"Everything you put into contract with me and Jieun Mi is to be extracted." I ruthlessly stated.

He blew another puff of ghostly air from his cigarette whilst laying a steady gaze on me. "I unfortunately cannot grant your objection." He said.

"Yes, I can." I said. "On paper, I am the groom."

Another smoke aired. "On the contract, you signed under the pledge. I take full authority. It is your marriage."

My teeth began to grind against each other. I didn't break contact with him. A realistic image flashed in my head of what the wedding would seem like.