1. the confusion

it's a sunny morning or rather sunny for those parts, the heat is a simple warm breeze with a faint light, the inhabitants took advantage of the good weather to enjoy a bit of clean air and so did the local children but not only to get some air but also to have fun and divert a little from everyday life, among them there was a boy with light and long hair that looked like rows of cotton textiles, his name was Nikolaj Gogol. Nikolai loved to venture into the outskirts or into the bush near his home during that morning, however, he lost his way home and headed towards the central part of the St. Petersburg bush, looking for the straight path that never seemed to arrive, he came across another boy, sitting with his back perched against an oak tree, wore white clothes, which while sitting in the bush were dirty with dirt, he had pale skin, purple irises and dark hair that reached his shoulders and was not the most clean, the boy was reading in his position and nikolai approached him "hello" he said happily despite his situation, the boy raised his head to look at the young man in front of him "hello" he replied, "what are you doing?" nikolaj asked "I'm reading this new book that my mother gave me" nikolaj approached and sat down next to the boy "loudly" he exclaimed "what is it about?" he says curiously "about psychology, it's very interesting" "psychology? Isn't it a topic for grown-ups?" the brunette moved the corners of his lips slightly upwards "not necessarily, you just have to have the intellect to understand it" "it seems nice, can I too?" "I don't see why you shouldn't" she weaves the book to the left to allow him to read, little by little, one page after another the sun went down making room for a shining moon, the dark-haired man closed the book "I have to go home it's getting late" nikolaj jumps up with a certain energy "right I have to too-" he stops remembering the loss and the energy in his movements disappears "is there something wrong?" asks the boy whose name is still unknown to him "yes..I lost my way home, I don't know where to go" Nikolaj said lowering his head"follow me, I can host you for a while, until the way home is clear to you" says the pale one and then stands up delicately "would you really do it? but you don't even know my name!" he exclaimed "my name is Fyodor, yours?" "my name is nikolaj" "seeing now I know" says fyodor starting to venture into the branches, nikolaj follows him and chuckles" fyodor, fyodor..can I call you fedya?" he said going to his side "I don't see why not, therefore I will call you kolya" "that's fine" Nikolaj jumps happily after the exchange made with his new friend.
An indefinite amount of time passed but they arrived at a small building "come in" said Fyodor.
"Is there permission?" said the adventurer as he entered, the dark-haired man started to chuckle "don't worry, it's only me in the house" he said as he went into the bedroom to decorate a place for his friend "seriously? and your mother? who? Is he making lunch for you?" "I'll prepare it myself" "eh! but it's a huge thing! are you an adult or are you a child" the boy's reaction made Fedya smile slightly "I don't find it all that special, I like helping people like my mother does, for this is how I know how to look after myself and for this reason my mother isn't here now" he leans on his bed, Nikolaj looks at him with admiration and leans on his seat "then will you teach me too?" "That's fine, but now I'll ask you a question, why the blindfold?" he points to the boy's right eye which has always remained covered "oh I can't tell you this, I'll tell you at the right time!" "As you wish" said Fyodor, yawning and getting under the covers with Nikolai following him, the two children said good night and then fell asleep lulled by the sweet sound of country crickets and the faint glow of the moon.