18.That big day

The day had arrived, the big day, the wait was over and the fresh wind tamed the day. They had chosen various traditions of their origins so as not to allow their roots to fade away, the morning was illuminated by a beautiful light and a few birds chirping here and there.

Opening my eyes that morning for the last time I woke up far from Fyodor so as not to see each other during the preparations, to stay the spizio, I got up enthusiastically and washed myself delicately, it was very early, there were many things to do. Once I finished my bath I happily went to get the chosen dress, it was a classic Russian dress, made up of a long white shirt up to the waist, with various embroideries that Fyodor had created during the night periods, as I had done with his, the part the bottom was purple linen trousers to match the clothes of my beloved, I tightened the long and substantial belt, also purple, at the waist, I put on the boots given the rather harsh season despite the strangely sunny day and the clothing was completed, I was unable to don't be enthusiastic when looking at myself in the mirror, I still didn't believe it, I decked myself out with various necklaces, bracelets and a few rings and went on to style my hair, Fyodor and I had agreed on who would wear the kokoshnik, a classic headdress usually carried by the bride but we wanted to influence it too, we opted to have it carried by me while he would carry a garland of flowers, the kokoshnik could have different shapes and colours, various sizes and many decorations such as beads, gold and gems, underneath it the hair had to be collected or covered by a veil and so I did, I put the hair in a soft bun and positioned the headdress, it was dark in shade, with an unusual shape and decorated with various pearls, I had chosen it personally.

 Once I finished my bath I happily went to get the chosen dress, it was a classic Russian dress, made up of a long white shirt up to the waist, with various embroideries that Fyodor had created during the night periods, as I had done with his, the...

(this one here in the photo)
I looked at myself in the mirror and was almost crying, I never thought that a day like this could come for me too, but above all I never thought that it would have been with Fyodor.

I got out of bed a little sore but the thought of the day that would unfold before me healed me of every ailment, I rushed to wash myself, I'm not a guy who takes great care of his health and personal hygiene but during that day I had to to be perfect, I washed myself thoroughly, even my hair; my clothes were matching those of nikolaj, my shirt was purple with reddish embroidery and the trousers were in white linen, I tightened the belt which was also white but with purple embroidery around my waist, I put on the boots that had always accompanied me and finally the flower garland on my head, it was made up of sunflowers and lavender, our favorite flowers together, I was ready, I smiled, ready for the most beautiful day of my life.

___________________________________________

I'm trying to do as much research as possible on Russian wedding traditions, I don't want to offend anyone with any incorrect traditions or customs, I hope you might like it<3