4. The rediscovery

Nikolai? Fyodor thought, it was enough for him to take a look at the new partner who was approaching to understand who he was and above all who he was, "Fedya, it's a real pleasure to see you again!" he said in a jester tone and exaggerated with hand gestures to broaden his communication "pleasure is also mine kolya" despite the happiness in seeing his old friend again, fyodor did not move facial expression, it seemed as if his expressive muscles were blocked from a padlock "well I'm happy that you already know each other, you will often work together so collaboration will be necessary, I'll let you talk as I have many things to do" says the third commission leaving the two, no longer children, alone, Nikolaj chuckles putting on his fingers in front of the mouth "I would never have thought that you were the famous brilliant mind but it's better this way, we have many things to tell each other" he said moving even closer to the poorly groomed presence of the other "I would start with, why are you here?" Fyodor said turning towards him "there remains an association of murderers, of people who kill, madmen, steal, manipulate, for different ideals, what is yours?" he tilts his head a little looking at his iris, the blond laughs a little under his mustache "I'm perfectly healthy and I'm well aware of how cruel it is to kill and I feel really guilty doing it like anyone else would but I do it for freedom, do you like birds? I adore them, they fly controlled freely in gravity, this is my desire, my muse" Fyodor hints at a very slight satisfied smile and crossing his fingers he says "splendid, in opposition to God you are struggling to lose yourself" nikolai opens his eyes wide, it was the first time anyone understood his feeling, fyodor was his dear friend the only one who could see his point of view, his instinct told him to take off the paper from the eye and did so revealing a beautiful heterochromia of the irises "you.. what are you? are you by any chance a Minos? an avenger? a god?" Nikolai said in search of an answer, Fyodor made a very short sound comparable to a playful laugh, of fun "no dear Kolya I'm none of this I'm just a simple disciple, a chosen one, I cleanse this world of the noble to make it a place just and livable I am a judge, my opinion is impartial, if the end is noble any means is accepted and it is not a sin" Nikolaj, intrigued, sat down next to him and replied "and how do you know if you too are sinning, are you experiencing many species of life" Fyodor looks the circus performer in the eyes "if the same purpose is to cleanse the sins, the sin itself cannot touch me" "then a kind of the end justifies the means" Fyodor nodded "wow Fedya! you were fantastic and you remained fantastic!" he takes both of his hands in his as a greeting, fyodor on the other hand was surprised by this contact, no one had ever touched him after that event, they avoided him even when he passed by, this gesture so deceptively simple can only make him soften fyodor's dry clay heart, nikolaj was the first person who had ever touched him without being afraid of him, nikolaj places their hands where he had previously placed the paper and here fyodor even smiles "you make me so happy but I don't I can allow myself to feel such a strong emotion, I will kill you! and I will, I will kill my dear and only friend to feel free!" Nikolaj said shaking his hands, Fyodor smiles happily "I can't wait to see you try, but don't think it will be an easy task for you, it will be a very difficult and painful choice to mitigate like crumbling your humerus to dust" Nikolaj smiled I leave the hands to his friend and puts the card back "let the game begin! yuppieee!!!".