25. Revelations

The following weekend I traveled to Feldcroft after getting word from Thalia during the week.

Anne's reaction to the curse breaker's methods were odd.

Supposedly the reaction he was expecting was not happening. And instead Anne was appearing to be as normal. Weak. But her bouts of pain were more frequent suddenly. She mentioned it began happening before the curse breaker even arrived.

The pain from the curse break process she was supposed to be in by now had also yet to come. And it was raising more questions than answers.

When I arrived at the cottage Thalia opened the door. A tall lanky figure was beside her. He wore all black just as Thalia. His hair was silver with black streaks lining the sides, pushed back.

He was very elegant looking. Even holding a cane without obviously needing it. And his eyes were curious. One blue eye. And one brown one.

" Valeria... I'm glad you're here. Are you—"

" Alone? Yes. The boys are at quidditch practice. And believe I'm in Hogsmead. I told them I'd meet them for the game this evening. " I explained.

" Good girl. This is Viktor Malvolia. A curse breaker with the ministry." She said inviting me inside.

" There's no doubt you and Thalia are blood just by looking at you." He murmured.

" Valeria Lowell... pleasure to meet you." I said dryly. His aura was intimidating.

" You as well. We're you there when the girl was cursed?" He asked.

I shook my head following them into the cottage. Anne was sitting hunched over the table reading a book.

" Anne..." I murmured.

She turned and smiled at me. She reached out her arms as I knelt down and hugged her.

" Valeria! You came. How is Sebastian..?" She asked eagerly. Her eyes looked sunken. Her face more hollow. And her eye color was as pale as her skin.

" H-He's okay.... Quidditch Captain." I smiled. " He doesn't have a game today. But I promised I'd meet him and Ominis for the game later."

She smiled. " Oh how I miss quidditch."

" How are you doing?" I immediately asked.

Her eyes closed as she sighed. " If I'm honest I'm frustrated. I feel like I've gotten worse since I've got back to Feldcroft and I have no idea why."

" She looks worse than when I left Valeria did something happen?" Thalia asked suddenly beside me.

I shook my head. " No. we stayed for the night then left. Sebastian and Ominis fixed her some potions to ease her pain so she wouldn't have to make any herself. As well as ensured she had plenty of food and water." I explained.

" Tell me. What went into those positions?" Viktor suddenly asked.

" Same as what goes into wiggenweld. Dittany and Horklump juice." I said with a shrug.

Anne gestured at their potions table where she still had a supply of the batch Sebastian and Ominis made.

I walked over to examine it. Sure enough the last ingredients that the boys dated having been used were dittany and horklump juice. I recognized Sebastian's handwriting on the bottles.

When I set the bottles back down I paused.

"The effects of the curse breaking should be viewable now. But her bouts of pain remain. If this continues I fear this truly is a curse that cannot be broken" Viktor murmured quietly.