𝟿: 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

Late that night...

11:46 p.m.

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝Dymond stood in the shadows with his hands tucked in his pockets and his hood on his head as he watched his mother

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝
Dymond stood in the shadows with his hands tucked in his pockets and his hood on his head as he watched his mother. She'd told him to stay away but it wasn't in him to give up on his family. He'd tried turning his back on his baby sister today but even if Taraji hadn't stepped in and told him to go after her, he would've done it anyway. He could just be stubborn at times but blood was the most important thing to him. Surprisingly when he'd gone after Tanika she had already turned around and was on her way back to apologize to him.

His heart dropped along with a tear as he watched his mother hit the crack pipe before passing it on to someone else. He dropped and shook his head before looking back up at her. He stood there for a few seconds before he decided to leave. As he walked away with his hands still tucked in his pockets he looked back once more as his mother slowly laid down on the concrete ground to let her high take over.

He left the area and drove around in silence for about 20 minutes until he decided to turn on the radio. He didn't understand the point of having his own place when he was never home anyway. He'd been too tough to admit it but seeing his baby sisters today was the only good reason to stay indoors. They'd hung out a little while before Dymond called their fathers to let them know where they were and that he'd be dropping them off. He expected Taraji's father to react the way he did. He didn't say anything to Dymond. He just forced his child out of the car as if Dymond was a walking disease. He and Taraji hadn't even made it inside the house yet before he took her phone and put her on punishment. The last thing Dymond had heard before the front door was slammed closed was her father telling her to never go near him or that side of town again.

As for Tanika, she was staying the night with Dymond. He'd called her father who'd told him to drop her off at home until he got there. Tanika's father stayed gone for days at a time sometimes. If he wasn't out somewhere partying then he was out with a different woman. Dymond had learned that from Tanika after the call with her father, and he refused to take his 13-year-old sister home and leave her there for who knows how many days unsupervised.

Pulling into the long driveway of his secluded home, Dymond turned the car off and got out. He'd left the home after Tanika had fallen asleep. He couldn't get to bed because his mother was heavy on his mind so he did what he always did— went to see her. He let himself inside his home and flipped on the light before closing and locking the door. Making his way through the house, he peeked into the bedroom he'd set up for Tanika to sleep in. She lay on her stomach with her arms underneath her pillow and her mouth slightly open.

From the way she was drooling, Dymond could tell it had been a while since she'd had a good night's rest. Leaning up against the doorframe, he rested his head against it and watched his baby sister, thankful that he was in touch with her now. No matter how smart her mouth was or how disrespectful she'd been today, this was a child who was clearly going through something deeper than her father just running the streets. This was a child who needed guidance and he was a young man who was still learning the meaning of patience.