𝟼: 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙼𝚎

The next day...

Wednesday | 1:06 p.m.
April 29, 2020

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜"Ma? Nana? I don't ask for anything

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜
"Ma? Nana? I don't ask for anything. Please don't embarrass me." I told them as we stood near the entrance of the restaurant. Kyaire had left his wallet in the car and had headed out to get it so instead of taking a seat at one of the tables we decided to wait on him.

"When have we ever embarrassed you?" My mother asked.

"Bump that. I like the young man already. You know, it's been a while since a man has given me flowers. I like the way he not only gave you some but me and your mother as well." My grandmother told me.

"Well, he's gonna have to do a lot more than just give us some flowers. We're here to fill him out, mama. We deserve to know what his intentions are with Dianna just like he deserves to know what her intentions are. I take it you haven't told him the truth yet?" My mom asked me.

"I— I haven't gotten around to it yet." I nervously played with my fingers.

"Well, when do you plan on getting around to it child?" My grandmother asked, placing her hand on her hip as we talked in hushed tones. This wasn't the time or place to discuss something like this. I'd taken off of work today so they could meet him. I'd talked about him over the years but neither of them had ever spoken to him before. They'd been skeptical about me dealing with someone who was in prison but I guess they'd accepted it because Kyaire wasn't out on the streets. Now that he was out temporarily they were even more skeptical because they didn't want me involved in any bullshit. Kyaire wasn't a boy scout and the entire city knew it.

"It needs to be before you think about laying up with him," Mom told me, folding her arms. "Unless..."

I looked off to the side because I was guilty of just that.

"Dianna no." She said, catching on to the fact that I'd done it already. "Did you really sleep—"

"Ma can we not," I said lowly as I looked around to make sure no one was looking in our direction.

"Find a table mama." My mom told my grandmother. "You come with me." She motioned for me to follow her as she walked past me. I looked at my grandma and she put her hand up as if she didn't want to hear anything I had to say before going to find a table. I sucked my teeth and turned on my heel to follow my mom. I stomped the whole way to the restroom until we got inside. My mom checked every stall to make sure no one was in here with us. When she was done she turned to look at me and placed her hands on her hips.

"You really slept with that man after the talk your grandmother and I just had with you a few days ago? You're grown and I get that we can't force you to do anything but you know right from wrong and sleeping with that man before disclosing that you're a transgender woman is dead ass wrong Dianna." She chewed me out.