𝟸: 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚆𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐

An hour later...

7:01 p.m.

m

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜"Oh lord

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜
"Oh lord." My mother Adina said as she walked through the front door with groceries in her hands seeing me seated on her sofa.

"What's going on child of mine?" She asked as she walked toward the kitchen and I got up and followed behind her.

"How come something has to be going on?" I answered her question with a question. She sat the groceries and her car keys down on the counter and turned around. Placing her hand on her hip, she eyed me as if she wasn't buying whatever it was I was about to try to sell her.

"Girl don't bullshit me. What's going on with you and Kyaire now? He sending them ol' no good boys to your house to watch you like a hawk again?" She folded her arms awaiting an answer.

Well damn. So much for trying to keep some shit to myself. I hated that this woman knew me and my business like the back of her hand but it was to be expected I guess. I practically ran to her about everything. I didn't know how to keep anything a secret from my mother. She was my best friend and no matter how much I hated to hear the truth at times she never failed to provide that. It pained me to admit it but she was always right. I just always failed to see it until things took a turn for the worse in whatever I was going through or whoever I was dealing with. She had always told me a hard head made a soft ass and I'd like to think that my skull was made of cement.

"It's not Kyaire miss ma'am. Thank you." I said as I moved about the kitchen helping her put away the groceries.

"Okay so what it is?" She inquired, putting the orange juice, milk, and eggs in the refrigerator and the bread and cereal on top of it.

"Nothing." I lied with my back to her as I put the canned goods in the cabinet. I heard her suck her teeth and I could feel her burning a hole in the back of my head with her stares.