𝟾: 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜 & 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚃𝚎𝚊

That same day...

5:01 p.m.

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜"Girl these folks are gonna throw us out of here

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜
"Girl these folks are gonna throw us out of here. Instead of buying something we're in here snapping pictures in their hats." My favorite cousin Khadijah said as I posed for two pictures and she snapped them for me. "You cute though boo. I'll give you that." She laughed as she handed me my phone to look at the pictures to make sure I approved. I smiled in approval and took the beanie off my head to try on the other one I also planned on buying.

"Ooh! Let's snap one together." She said, pulling out her phone as she stood in the mirror. Standing behind her, I threw up two peace signs and she snapped a photo of us.

I'd gotten off work 2 hours ago and had headed home to shower, kick my feet up, and enjoy a glass of wine. My cousin phoned me before I could even pop open a bottle of wine and asked if I was down to go shopping. If anything I was always down to go shopping. Every now and then we'd link for lunch, shopping, and anything else that involved us pampering ourselves. Shanti went along with us sometimes but she and Khadijah weren't that close. They only knew one another because of me and only got together when I invited them over or out somewhere.

"Is everything okay?" The girl named Alani asked as she walked over to us.

"We're not gonna steal this shit. You watch us harder than the white folks watch black people when they're shopping. We've been in here before and if I'm not mistaken you came over here to bother us that time too. Wassup?" Khadijah asked as she turned around to face her. I dropped my head. If it was one thing I knew it was that my cousin didn't hold her tongue, especially if she felt disrespected or uncomfortable. Her mouth usually got her into trouble. Whether it was in sucking dick or talking shit.

"Excuse her." I stepped in. "We're good. Thank you though." I said.

The store worker nodded and turned to walk off but before she did she shot Khadijah a look as if she actually did have a problem. I thought I was tripping when we came here before and I caught her looking over here with that same look but now I knew I hadn't been wrong. To keep down confusion I decided not to say anything about it right now because my cousin was crazy enough to tear up the store off that alone. I didn't feel like bailing her crazy ass out today. I needed my money especially since Kyaire hadn't been providing that anymore since the night he'd acted an ass at the restaurant and thought I'd be okay with it.

"Do you need me to stay friend?" Shanti gently squeezed my shoulder as I wiped away my tears.

I'd managed to calm down a bit but what Kyaire had done still hurt. He'd left me stranded with no ride home and stuck me with the check. Though he'd said everything was on him tonight, I knew not to be stupid enough to show up without bringing any cash in case I needed it. Kyaire was unpredictable and his behavior only showed me that I was right in bringing some money. The dinner was so fucking expensive that I barely had anything left over to call an Uber so I called Shanti instead. Ruining dinner was one thing but to actually leave me showed me that he didn't give a damn about my safety or me.