𝟷𝟾: 𝚂𝚘 𝚆𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

Hellurrrr 👋🏾

• •

Over a week later...

Thursday |9:08 a.m.
October 1, 2020

𝙳𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕"You look stressed the fuck out my boy

𝙳𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕
"You look stressed the fuck out my boy." Denim laughed as I rested my head against the car window staring at him on FaceTime. "What you gon' do if shorty really pregnant?"

"I don't know. I just know I ain't cut out to be nobody's daddy. At first, I thought she was lying because I told her we needed to cool it on a relationship but then when I made her take a test the day after she told me and it came back positive I didn't know what to believe."

"She seems like cool people. Why you broke up with her?" He questioned, hitting the last bit of his blunt before putting it out.

"Nigga let's focus on the important shit." I scowled at him because it was just like Denim to focus on something other than what I needed him to. It could be annoying but he was my best friend regardless. Something I didn't throw around loosely.

I couldn't understand why Maury had set me up and I'd struggled to understand that for months. I didn't speak on it but I even regretted taking his life. I mentally beat myself up about feeling bad for killing someone who'd tried to have me killed. Again, I couldn't understand why. Sometimes I looked at Denim sideways for the actions of Maury because Maury's betrayal had fucked up my trust. It seemed like "friends" were always setting me up. However, whenever I had doubts about Denim I had to tell myself that he was my brother and my bond with him was different than it had been with Maury. Me and Maury weren't as close.

"My bad." He laughed. "She still in there?"

"Man, yeah. I'm trying to see how long it takes for these folks to determine if she really pregnant or not. I got put out before we even made it to the fucking room." I shook my head. I couldn't fathom that Savannah was really pregnant so I'd told her to make an appointment and that I'd go with her the day of.

The moment we stepped foot in the hospital we started arguing because she'd told me she wanted the baby to have a two-parent household. I'd never seen someone who couldn't accept that someone didn't want to be with them and I expressed that shit to her... angrily. Maybe I'd shown my ass a little too much for the staff because I found myself being escorted out by security.

"I just don't understand bro." I tiredly rubbed my eyes. I hadn't slept a wink last night. I'd been up praying that that pregnancy test was a false positive.

"You have a temper bro. I tell you this shit all the time and—"

I sucked my teeth and looked away from the camera, staring out the window.

"I tell you this shit all the time. I mean, I can have one too, but I know when and where to get control of that shit. When you fly into a rage there's no controlling that and as your brother, I hate that for you. We come from and have some of the same struggles, but you gotta pull yourself together Cash." He told me. "You got a baby on the way my nigga."