𝟷𝟿: 𝚂𝚘 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚙?

Please excuse any mistakes. I'll go back and correct them if there are any. Just excited AF to get this out the way.🤪

VOTE though.

• •

Omniscient
"Ma?" Dianna frowned. "What is she doing here?" Dianna closed the door as she slowly stepped forward.

Dianna's eyes never left Shanti. This was someone she'd considered a friend. Dianna had no clue that Shanti had tried protecting Montell when she'd gone missing. When Dianna had turned up alive, Shanti stressed a whole month after her return and miscarried the child she'd been expecting with Montell. No one knew about the pregnancy but her and Montell.

"She wanted to stop by and talk to you, Anna. She misses you." Her nana Eve said as she walked out of the kitchen with a cup of tea for Shanti.

It was kind of funny though. Shanti was sitting in Dianna's mother's house about to drink tea when Dianna had been withholding tea about Shanti spilling her secret to Montell and possibly being the reason she was almost killed. Unbeknownst to Dianna, the real reason Shanti had tried pursuing a friendship with Dianna again before Montell's passing was to try to keep tabs on her. The only thing Dianna had ever mentioned to Shanti when she'd reached out to her upon her return was that Shanti was wrong for basically taking Montell's side when he'd lied about her coming on to him. Dianna never mentioned that she knew Shanti had exposed her secret or endangered her life. If she brought that up it'd be like saying it was Montell without actually saying it was Montell, and Dianna wasn't dumb enough to tell anyone who'd tried killing her, especially not Shanti.

"It's my birthday. I won't have her ruin it. If I wanted to talk to her then I would've said it or I would've reached out to her myself. Get her out of here now." Dianna folded her arms. Adina looked back and forth between her daughter and Shanti. No one moved. The tension was thicker than Shanti's thin wig.

"Hello?" Dianna frowned harder, wondering why they hadn't thrown Shanti out like she'd told them to. Why were they so hell-bent on them having a friendship? "You're my family and you won't— wow. Don't worry about it. I don't have time for this. I'm gonna enjoy my day." Dianna made her way to the stairs to go pick out something to wear.

"Can't you just hear me out? You're my best friend Anna. You're more like a sister to me than my stepsister. Hell, we used to always make fun of her. We talked about everything. At least we used to. I can confide in you when—"

"Oh, cut the bullshit, Shanti!" Dianna yelled, whipping her head in Shanti's direction. "We're so much like "sisters" but a "sister" wouldn't almost get her "sister" killed by her boyfriend!"

"Say what now?" Nana Eve said, moving her bang as if that'd help her hear better. "What'd you say, child?"

Adina slowly stood from the couch. "What are you saying, Anna?" She frowned looking at Shanti before looking back at Dianna. She'd heard it but it was hard to process what she'd heard. She'd been sick about her child being missing, being left in the woods like an animal, and Dianna's safety after her return. Now she was hearing that the culprit was sitting in her living room.

"Yeah, that's right." Dianna made her way back over to the three women. "This bitch was the reason I was beaten, shot, and left in the goddamn woods like I was nothing. I was too afraid to say it before but now that the bastard is dead I might as well. It was her boyfriend Montell who tried to kill me."