𝟷𝟻: 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚛 𝚆𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚂𝚑𝚎?

Two days later...

Monday | 3:32 p.m.
September 21, 2020

Omniscient Dymond sat outside Tanika's high school waiting for Tanika to come out

Omniscient
Dymond sat outside Tanika's high school waiting for Tanika to come out. He'd made it his business to try to be involved in her life as much as possible these last four months. It was as if Dianna's ordeal had brought them closer. Things were still a bit rocky dealing with a teenage girl who was used to having a lot of freedom and little discipline from a father who was always absent at home. However, that was why Dymond was trying to be more involved. He'd taken her school shopping and she'd started her 9th grade year at a different school from Taraji.

Tanika and Dymond were alike in a lot of ways so they bumped heads. Their first encounter with one another the day she'd stormed out revealed that. Her smart mouth and rebellion hadn't gone away but Dymond worked to curve that whenever she found herself at his house. She wasn't used to following rules and neither was Dymond so it was tough trying to lay them down when he didn't do it himself.

He wanted to lead by example but failed most times because of his temper. Just like Tanika, he was a work in progress. He was of legal age but the young boy inside of him still had a lot of growing up to do. Alora hadn't been wrong when she'd said it. He just didn't want to hear it. Therefore it was like he and Tanika were raising each other. They hadn't grown up with each other when they were young children so it seemed that they were doing it now.

Dymond watched as the children came flooding out of the school. He'd made sure he'd gotten there early so he could get a good spot parked right outside the doors. When he spotted Tanika after about 2 minutes, he blew his horn. Letting down the passenger window, he leaned over and hollered out of the window.

"NEEK!" He called. Tanika looked around until she locked eyes with Dymond. She'd been so busy saying her goodbyes to the two girls she'd made friends with that she hadn't noticed Dymond's car right away. She made her way through the crowd of students and Dymond pushed her door open for her. He took her backpack and put it in the backseat as Tanika slid into the passenger seat. He arched a brow, noticing that she looked different. She looked her age. Had his less is more speech been put to use?

"What?" Tanika looked him up and down, wondering why they hadn't pulled off yet when there were cars behind them ready to get on their way.

"That's better," Dymond told her as he finally started the car and pulled off after Tanika had put on her seatbelt.

"What's better? Oh, this?" She pointed to her bare face. "Oh, this is nothing. I just didn't have time to do my makeup this morning. I kinda feel naked without it, but tomorrow please be prepared to see a face beat to the Gawds." She smiled.

"A face what?" Dymond looked over to her. He didn't understand female lingo, but he didn't try.

"Omg, you've gotta get with the times broski. Speaking of birthdays—"