Qualifying

*it was the morning of qualifying at the monaco gp. Mason had come along to support his sister and they planned to meet up at her driver garage.
*you were getting ready for the qualifying. Strapping down your helmet you hear someone calling your name. You spin around lifting your visor and smile.
"Hey i was wondering when you would come wish me luck".
You smile at mason.
Mason smiles " good luck little sis". Mason gives you a hug and you walk away towards your car. Whilst waiting for them to announce that qualifying starts you glance over at your race engineer and nod.
"Radio check. I repeat radio check". You say into the radio. "Loud and clear. Qualifying will start in 5 minutes".
*You nod and wait. 5 minutes later qualifying starts and you and your teammate pierre head out on track. You start of your race with a slow lap to warm your tires. You then push and do a lap time of 1.25.
"Okay Y/N push this lap your currently standing in p10 i repeat p10." Your engineer states
"Copy". You push and push and manage to finish qualifying in p7.
" great job today where did pierre qualify" you ask
"Pierre qualified p8 0.5 seconds behind you". You hear from the radio
* you get out of your car and congratulate pierre. You then take your helmet off and say well done to the rest of the team.*
*time skip to race day*

Your walking up towards the entrance of the paddock with your brother. You and your brother both scan your passes and walk through the paddock. Your laughing and smiling as you catch eyes with one of the McLaren drivers. It happens to be Lando Norris. You give him a glare before walking to your garage. As your walking you hear Lando scoff behind you.
Mason gets stopped for photos so you smile and say. "Ill see you before the race".
You go into your drivers room and change into your race suit. You then do some practice training. Once you had finished you grab your water bottle and walk to the garage.
Pierre waves you over. "Hey Y/N good luck today what strategy are you thinking"
Y/N smiles and takes a sip of her drink. "I was thinking of strategy A but will it last for the whole of the laps is my question"
Pierre replies. "I think strategy A is a good strategy for monaco."
Y/N smiles and nods. "Good luck pierre" she says as she walks over to her car and slowly climbs in.Your walking up towards the entrance of the paddock with your brother. You and your brother both scan your passes and walk through the paddock. Your laughing and smiling as you catch eyes with one of the McLaren drivers. It happens to be Lando Norris. You give him a glare before walking to your garage. As your walking you hear Lando scoff behind you.