Nightmares

You were laying in bed, your mind racing with thoughts after what happened today. You think about Lando and what could have happened if Lando didn't save you. You decide that it was in the past and that your safe now so you cover yourself with your duvet and close your eyes. You hum a tune to yourself and empty your thoughts. You eventually fall asleep.

Your sleeping when suddenly your head fills with with visions. They start off with a black hooded figure. The figure then begins walking down an alley so your vision follows. You watch the black hooded figure get into a car that looked exactly like the one earlier. Your vision now shows you running with you headphones in down the road. You run and cross the road and then continue running down the street. You were still running and now reached a road. You took a step out and then you were on the floor. Liquid trickling down your head and everything blurred. Your vision was blurry but you could hear many voices shouting and sirens. Next thing you know you hear someone say "we're losing her" Then everything went black.

You woke up shaking and breathing heavily. Mason rushes into your room holding you tightly. "Y/n breath sweetheart breathe it's okay I've got you now." After a few moments your breathing returns to normal. You were leaning into Mason with your eyes closed. "What happened Y/n?"
Mason says rubbing your back.
"I had a nightmare..."

Mason sighs and continues rubbing your back. "Oh Y/n what was it about?" You stay quiet for a while. You didn't want to repeat it. You just wanted to keep it out of your thoughts. Mason then asks the same question again causing you to whisper. "Just something that happened today. It's nothing to worry about Mase." Mason looks down at you. He notices the fear and panic in your eyes and the tears stained on your cheeks. He gently takes his thumb and wipes away a tear from your nose. "I promise that your safe now and there is nothing for you to worry about. Okay?" You nod trying to absorb his words.

You and Mason were sat there for a good 10 minutes until he speaks up. "Y/n get some sleep now okay. I'll be in the other room so just shout if you need me. Goodnight sis."

You roll over after hearing the door close. Your mind was still full of thoughts but Mason's words were somewhat comforting and had reassured you. Yet again you close your eyes trying to clear your mind. It wasn't too long after when you drift to sleep once more.