The Wisp Sings

let me sleep
i am tired of my grief
and i would like you
to love me, to love me, to love me
this is the night when these woods sigh

- winter aid

-----

“They said yes,” Freen whispered gleefully as she cuddled close to Becky that night.

“I still don’t know why you thought otherwise,” Becky said as she pressed a kiss to the top of her fiancé’s head.

“You know the girls, they don’t like to overstep.”

“’The girls’? Really?” Becky asked, making Freen laugh.

“Okay, Nita then. She’s always worried that she’s going to cross a line and I was worried she would think that this was one of them.”

“She said yes though,” Becky reminded, as she pulled her bride-to-be closer.

“She said yes,” Freen echoed as she nuzzled her nose into Becky's chest. “It’s going to be a good day. I can feel it.”

“Well, I hope it’s a good day. It’s our wedding.”

“I know, but…,” Freen began to say before she trailed off with her thought.

Pushing herself onto her elbows, Freen turned onto her stomach to better look at her fiancé who was waiting for her full response.

“I already know it’s going to be my favourite day because I’m marrying my best friend.”

“It’s going to be my favourite day too,” Becky affirmed before she grabbed Freen's chin and pulled Freen in for a kiss. “Maybe my second favourite day, actually.”

“Your second?” Freen asked with a small pout, which made Becky laugh before she kissed the pout away.

“Every good day is second to the day that we jumped off that cliff.”

“Why?” Freen pressed, making the brunette shrug.

“It was the day I fell in love with you. I doubt anything would ever come close to feeling as good.”

“Such a sap,” Freen teased before she kissed her fiancé once more. “I can’t wait to be a Chankimha-Armstrong.”

“ Armstrong-Chankimha,” Becky quickly shot back, which proved that they still had some planning to do.

“Chankimha-Armstrong,” Freen re-stated.

“Armstrong-Chankimha. Final answer,” Becky said before setting her hand over Freen's mouth, effectively stopping her from arguing back.

Freen laughed and wrestled Becky's hand off her face before finally getting free and flopping back onto her front with a spent sigh.

“I guess we’ll see what looks better on paper then,” Freen said as she shifted until she was practically on top of Becky.

“I guess so,” Becky agreed.

The two allowed a calming silence fall over them as Becky began to scratch Freen's back. Slowly but surely, Freen was lulled to sleep by the loving ministrations on her back.

Becky, who was also starting to conk out, smirked before whispering something into the dark room.

“Armstrong-Chankimha.”

The small jab from Freen proved that the mom had heard her and that the argument was still open for further dispute.

But sleep was more important, so both women decided to wait to make their final decision on a different day.