Someone to You

"and if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
i really need somebody to call my own
i wanna be somebody to someone
someone to you"

-banners

-----

After the wedding, life was quick to fall back into order. The only difference that Nita and Emily had to put up with was Freen and Becky's sickening amount of affection.

They were newlyweds, and Freen and Becky were clearly finding it difficult to keep their love and gushiness at a tolerable level.

A week had passed, and it was clear that neither woman intended to let up on their regular PDA.

“Can we not bare witness to this again?” Nita asked as she ate her cereal, or at least attempted to, on a Monday morning.

“It was just a kiss,” Becky said past a laugh as she looked at the teen who was clearly exasperated.

“There was lip biting. You two shouldn’t be doing that at 7am!” Nita insisted as she grabbed her bowl and started to head for the stairs.

“C’mon, don’t be upset,” Freen said as she also started to laugh. “Where’re you going?”

“To eat my Cheerios in peace,” Nita explained, only making her mothers laugh a bit harder. “I’m glad this is so amusing, but I’d rather not watch my moms suck face this early in the morning.”

“Hear that, we’re sucking face,” Becky said to her wife who nodded her agreement.

“Yes, exactly. I like my coffee with a side of face sucking.”

“I can’t hear you, la la la la la!” Nita said as she made it to the top of the steps.

“Most kids would love to have parents this in love,” Becky reminded, but it was too late as the door of the girls’ room shut and Nita effectively blocked her out.

“What a drama queen.”

“She’s not a morning person,” Freen reminded before she pulled Becky in for another long kiss.

“Stop sucking face!” Emily spoke up as she finally glanced up from her book.

“Do you even know what that means?” Becky asked the child who gave a small shrug.

“I’m guessing it’s when you look like you’re eating mama’s face.”

Freen instantly blushed while Becky burst into another fit of giggles.

“Why don’t you hurry up and get ready for school,” Freen suggested to the child who shrugged once more before shoveling her final bite of cereal into her mouth and moving to do as suggested.

“No more face eating!” Emily reminded as she set her bowl in the sink and turned to leave the kitchen.

“No more being a wise ass,” Becky rebuttaled as she playfully used her foot to push Emily's butt.

Emily giggled at the nudge and the small profanity before she ran up the stairs.

“Ass? Really?” Freen asked as she rolled her eyes. “I thought we agreed to lessen the cursing around the seven-year-old.”

“I could say a lot worse. Besides, give her two more years and she’ll be able to read books that have way more bad words in them than she hears on a regular basis. There’s no stopping her from there,” Becky said, which made her wife sigh.