ch 6 David pov

The sound of the alarm wakes me up in the morning. I was so enraged that it disrupted my precious sleep. I threw the alarm and it shattered into pieces. I guess I'll have to get a new alarm clock. For a while, I tossed and turned in the bed. But it was useless because I had completely lost my sleep. I had nothing planned for the day because it was a weekday. I showered and ordered my cook to prepare breakfast. after I finished my breakfast.

I decided to call Mark and inquire about his whereabouts. We haven't spoken in over a month. He answered the phone after only one ring.

"Hey, what are you doing." " I asked Mark, expecting some exciting news. "I am extremely preoccupied with my work. I wasn't even able to meet you. Anyway, how is your marriage preparation with your future wife going?" I felt terrible about that. He has absolutely no idea what I am going through. I was not expecting to hear a knock on the door. I informed Mark that I would contact him later. I threw the phone onto the couch and walked to the door.

When I opened the door, I had no idea My dad would show up at my house. Before I could ask a question, he came in and sat on the couch.

"David, as you're getting married to Harper, I want her to move into your house," I'd already decided. I wasn't surprised because it was expected at some point, but I never expected it to happen so soon. I'd already decided on my phony marriage.

"As you wish, Dad." I'll send my bodyguards to her house to pack and bring her back." Dad gave me a strange look, and what he said next made me vomit. "I want you to go and personally help her, not just your bodyguards." It is your responsibility as Harper's husband to look after her. He stormed out of the house before I could say anything. I don't have a choice but to go to her house. I went to my room wearing a simple white shirt and black pants. I grabbed my car keys and drove to her house.

It took me nearly an hour to get to her house

It took me nearly an hour to get to her house. The house appeared to be a shambles from the outside. Her apartment was on the second floor. I went outside and knocked. I felt as if the world had come to a halt the moment the door opened. She was dressed in a long shirt that covered her thighs. Even in these ordinary clothes. She appeared to be stunning. I shrugged it off and stormed into her house. She looked enraged when she saw me. I got to the point before she could say anything.

"Harper I have no plans to visit this house. I came in just to take you to my house. as we will be getting married in a few days. My father wants you to relocate to my home." I then sat back down on the couch. The news astounded her to the core. I guess she couldn't even process what was going on for a few seconds. I never imagined I'd see such a day in my life.

"But how could u tell me such a thing on such short notice how am I supposed to pack all the stuff," she yelled at the top of my lungs. Because of the screams, I began to cover my ears.

she took a step back and shook her head. I took a deep breath and paused before continuing. I ordered two of my bodyguards to start the packing. I instructed them to pack my things as quickly as possible and to make sure I had everything I needed. She gave me a stern look and warned me not to touch a stuff.

"See Harper, one day or another, we'll be living under the same roof, so don't waste your time." "Get ready, we have to leave."

"And who will bring my things?" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"My bodyguards will obviously". She then stormed into her bedroom.

...........................................

As soon as I got to my room, I decided to wear a blue shirt and jeans. I opened the door and he was gone. I was scared and I knew I had to escape as soon as possible. I grabbed my bag and ran out of the building. To my surprise, he was outside. I knew he was there waiting for me, and I knew I had to get away before he caught me. He was standing right outside with his car keys in his hand.

 He was standing right outside with his car keys in his hand

I sat on the passenger side of the car. He arrived and started the car. I was extremely tired and fell asleep. After a while, I awoke to the sound of someone waking me up. "Why do you always sleep during the day?" I wondered as I opened my eyes. "You don't get enough sleep at night." David's irritated expression caught my attention. I was so irritated that I would have murdered him. When I saw my surroundings. The car came to a halt in front of a massive mansion.

The mansion had two floors, a front yard, and a swimming pool. There is a small flower garden nearby. It had its parking lot. David didn't even bother opening the main door for me. I was furious at him. when I walked into the house. The floor of the house was made of ceramic. The movers were guided through the mansion by David's housekeeper, Edwin, butler. while he led me to my room. We were silent the entire time. He was seen with a frustrated expression on his face the entire time. I felt completely out of place. We came to a halt in front of a massive door.

"This is your room," he said, opening the door

"This is your room," he said, opening the door. When I saw the room, my mouth dropped open. It was twice the size of my entire house. One of my brows furrowed. "Are we going to sleep in separate rooms?" He made stern eye contact with me and asked, "What do you think of me? "I'm not the type of guy who sleeps with random women." "Yeah, I know what kind of guy you are," I said with a smirk. You don't like sleeping with random girls, but you enjoy kissing them " In a sarcastic tone. He was taken aback by my response. I couldn't stop laughing because he had such a funny expression on his face.

I decided to freshen up. When I opened the restroom door, it was the size of my entire room. I wished I could afford such a home. I resolved not to become accustomed to excessive luxury, lest I be unable to return to my normal life. I turned on the shower. Showering in a hot shower is a true blessing. I was able to forget about my worries and relax. It was already lunchtime when I came out. A loud knock came on the door. Mira, the housekeeper, greeted me as I opened the door. She informed me that the lunch was ready and that David was waiting for me. I was taken aback by this.

David was sitting at the table, scrolling through his phone, when I arrived. Mira brought us our meal. I wasted no time and began eating at full speed once I took a bite.. This is the most scrumptious food I've ever eaten.. I was just about to head to my room after finishing lunch when David stopped me . I believed he was going to provoke a fight, but he surprised me by going to his room and emerging with a piece of paper.. He handed the papers to me. I came to the realization that it was a contract when I started reading.

Hey, guys hope you liked this chapter .