ch 15 David Harper pov

Hey guys hope you guys like my book ! 

The moment I saw the message my heart stiffened. My mind started racing as I tried to process the implications of the message. I felt a chill run down my spine as the gravity of the situation hit me. It said that I would kill you. The message was threatening and filled with malice. I was shocked and scared at the same time. I felt a wave of panic overwhelm me as I tried to figure out what to do.

As soon as David caught sight of the worry etched on my face, his instincts kicked in, and he could sense that something was off. Without any hesitation, he snatched the phone from my hand and went through the message himself. When he saw the same level of concern that I had conveyed, he knew it was something serious that needed urgent attention. David sprang up from the table, his mind racing with thoughts as he rushed to his room to take the necessary actions. Meanwhile, Mira, who had been observing the unfolding events, quickly poured me a glass of water to help calm my nerves.

Mira was trying to help calm me down. David was taking action to make sure we were safe and that the situation was under control. I was scared and overwhelmed by the situation. Seeing David's quick reaction and Mira's understanding made me feel a little better, but I was still shaken up. MIra advised me to head back to my room and rest. I went into my room, opened the door, and sat on my bed, contemplating what had happened.

I gripped the bed so tightly that my knuckles became white. Then David burst into the door and sat alongside me. He then took my hand in his and pulled me closer to him. My head rested on his shoulders and he stroked my hair, telling me everything would be alright. I felt a calming presence fill me, and I was able to relax my grip and let some of the tension leave my body. Tears were running down my cheeks. His hands tenderly wiped away the tears. He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead. I could feel his warmth and care, and I knew everything was going to be alright. 

Don't worry, I will protect you no one will dare to lay a finger on you ." He hugged me tightly and patted my head, he said. I dozed off on his shoulders.

...................................................

David  

I gently placed her in the bed and covered her with a bedspread. I then stroked her on the head and went into my room. I could see how horrified Harper was by the message, and at first, I thought it was a joke, but now I realize it was a serious situation. I decided to upgrade my home's security system. I immediately dialed my secretary's number and instructed him to locate the information regarding the message as soon as possible. I then went to the hall to get some water. When I arrived in the hall. Mira was doing her dishes. I went to grab a glass, poured some water, and gulped it down. Mira appeared to be lost in thought.

" Mira Take care of Harper, she is frightened, and don't tell her anything about what happened last night. "I don't want to scare her any further." Mira nodded and went on with washing the dishes. 

I decided to divert Harper's attention away from the situation. So I decided to make a tasty breakfast for her in the morning. Then I turned out my lights and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I went straight to the restroom, got freshened up, and went to the kitchen. Fortunately, Harper was still fast asleep. When I got to the kitchen, I noticed Mira cleaning the veggies.

"What are you doing, Mira?" I asked 

"Well I decided to make a salad so I started to clean it, if you don't want a sandwich I can prepare something else ." She went to the fridge after putting the vegetables on the table.

"no need I will prepare breakfast today," I said

She was taken aback by my suggestion to go to the storeroom, but after a few moments of hesitation, she nodded and left the kitchen . I decided to take advantage of the situation and make breakfast for Harper and me. I went to the cupboards and grabbed the necessary ingredients for pancakes, and checked to make sure they weren't expired or rancid. I mixed together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing dish and then combined milk, butter (or oil), and egg in a medium mixing bowl. I poured the mixture into a heated pan and waited until the surface had some bubbles and a couple had popped, around 1 to 2 minutes, before flipping them over and cooking for another minute. Meanwhile, I had bacon and eggs sizzling in a frying pan. Once the pancakes were cooked, I plated up and served them with syrup, and my bacon and eggs were ready soon after. Harper was so pleased with her breakfast and I was glad to have been able to make something special for her.

Harper was taken aback as she arrived at the table to see me had prepared breakfast for the both of us. I thought it would be the perfect way to show her my appreciation and how much I truly care for her. As I placed the meal on the table, Harper's eyes widened in surprise and admiration as she saw my gesture. I then drew the chair behind her and forced her to sit, pushing it up to the table. I could see the look of joy on her face as I sat down next to her. It was a truly special moment shared between the two of us, and one that I will never forget.

That was when she asked with a confused look, "What is all of this, David?"

I smiled and replied, 'Well, I wanted to do something special for you show off my skills . So I got up early, cooked breakfast, and decided to surprise you. I made pancakes, bacon, eggs, and even some toast. I was hoping you would like it.'

She smiled and said, 'I do. I'm just surprised that you can cook like this. I never thought you could cook this well.' I beamed with pride and said, 'I'm glad you like it. I wanted to do something special for you.'

We continued to eat the breakfast and I could tell she really enjoyed it. I was so happy that I could make something that she loved. It was my way of showing her how much I care about her. I knew that the effort I put into making the breakfast was worth it, just to see the smile on her face.

We were eating breakfast when we heard a knock on the door. I got out of my chair and went to the door to open it. It was, to my amazement, my secretary. I cleared a path for him to enter the house. He appeared to be tense. I decided not to start a conversation in front of Harper, so I told him to go upstairs to my office. After that, I proceeded to Harper, acting as if everything was fine.

"Wow, the food is amazing," Harper exclaimed as she ate the pancakes.

"Thank you, I never thought you'd like it," I remarked as I watched her eat the dish.

"Anyway, why is your secretary here?" she inquired, her gaze fixed on me.

" Nothing, he's just here for some business matters." "Don't be concerned," I said this while holding her hands in mine at the table. When I touched her hand, I felt a strange connection.

"All right," she answered anxiously. It was evident that she wanted more answers, but I didn't want her to freak out, so I changed the subject.

"so will you go to training today?" I inquired, not wanting to know the answer. I didn't enjoy seeing Mark for some reason.

"Well, yeah, I'll be going," she said, taking the plates and placing them in the washbasin while washing her hands. " I'd be there in half an hour." Regardless, thank you for the food." She then proceeded to her room.

I immediately went to my office, where my secretary was waiting. 

Hey guys please feel free to vote and comment . Thanks for the support till now .