ch 18 Harper David pov

Hey guys hope you liked the chapter.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, I found myself being led into another completely dark room. The sudden shift from light to darkness sent a shiver down my spine. I could feel the coolness of the air and the unfamiliarity of my surroundings. The room felt vast and mysterious.

A sudden and unexpected sensation shot through my hand as if a sharp needle had been injected into it. It was a jolt of pain that seemed to come out of nowhere, causing me to grip my hand tightly in the wheelchair, trying to alleviate the discomfort. Not only did I feel physical pain, but my vision in front of me began to blur as well. The world around me seemed hazy and distorted as if someone had smeared Vaseline over my eyes. Panic started to set in as I struggled to understand what was happening. Was this a medical emergency? Did I need immediate help? Questions raced through my mind as I tried to make sense of the strange and alarming situation I found myself in.

When I awoke, I was bound to a chair in a dark room. Panic surged through me as I struggled against the restraints, feeling the rough texture of rope digging into my wrists. The room was enveloped in an eerie silence, broken only by the sound of my rapid breathing. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I noticed a faint glimmer of light seeping through the edges of a boarded-up window. My heart pounded in my chest as my mind raced to make sense of the situation. Was this some twisted nightmare or a cruel reality? Every creak of floorboards and distant sound heightened my fear, making the room feel smaller and more suffocating I knew I had to stay calm and focused, searching for any means of escape.

The door abruptly flew open, and a woman with a face covered in a mask and a knife entered the room. Her heels rang around the room. She was dressed in a long black gown. She gave me all kinds of psycho vibes. I felt terrible.

"what the hell leave me alone for god sake," I yelled at the top of my lungs.

" Bitch, stop yelling. No one will ever come here because it is so far from the city." Her voice sounded familiar for some reason.

She then drew a chair in front of me and seated. She then began to fiddle with the knife.

" Why are you doing this? "I haven't done anything wrong." I could feel hot tears welling up in my eyes.

"It's just revenge ." "Your boyfriend destroyed my life."

While using a knife to cut my leg. It was only a minor scratch, but it hurt terribly. The blood from the scratch was running down my leg. She then scratched the opposite leg. I yelled at the top of my lungs. I never expected to have such an experience in my life. I was struggling to free myself, but the rope was so tight that I could see scratches where my skin turned red. I couldn't do anything but endure in agony.

"please leave me ." I sobbed uncontrollably.

"No, I can't. I'll torture you in such a way that David will regret ruining my life." You'll be OK by the time he finds you will be in heaven ." After a burst of wild laughter, she quickly made her way out of the room, leaving me sitting in the chair, profusely bleeding.

Sitting there, I was expecting to pass away, my fingers trembling from the cold atmosphere in the room. The air was thick with anticipation, and every breath I took felt like a struggle. Time seemed to stand still as I tried to make sense of my surroundings. The dimly lit room was adorned with faded wallpaper, peeling off the walls like a metaphor for my deteriorating state of mind. The eerie silence was only broken by the sound of my heartbeat, which seemed to echo in the room. The overwhelming sense of loneliness engulfed me as if I were the only person left in the world.

As I sat in the room, engrossed in my thoughts, the silence was shattered by the blaring sound of sirens. My heart skipped a beat as the shrill noise filled the air, making me jolt up in surprise. Confusion and curiosity took hold of me as I frantically searched for the source of the commotion. And there they were, red and blue lights flashing wildly, I felt as if I had been transported into a scene from a thrilling action movie. With each passing second, the intensity grew, making it impossible to ignore the imminent arrival of some unknown event.

My heart skipped a beat when I suddenly heard a familiar voice. It was David. Relief flooded over me, knowing that he had finally found me. The sound of his voice instantly calmed my racing thoughts and filled me with a renewed sense of hope. I turned towards the direction of the voice, my eyes scanning the surroundings until I caught a glimpse of his familiar silhouette emerging from the shadows. It was as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, knowing that I was no longer alone in this daunting situation. David's presence brought a sense of comfort and reassurance, reminding me that together we could overcome any challenge that lay ahead.

Before I could feel calm, a rush of adrenaline shot through my veins as the woman entered the room, wielding a gleaming knife. The atmosphere shifted instantly, as if time had slowed down, and my senses heightened. Fear gripped me, but I knew I had to stay composed and think quickly. I could see the determination in her eyes as she barged towards me, her movements swift and aggressive. In that split second, instinct kicked in, and I mustered up every ounce of courage within me. With a surge of adrenaline, I managed to evade her lunge, dodging to the side and creating some distance between us.

Suddenly, I heard a cacophony of rapid footsteps approaching our location. The sound reverberated in my ears, causing my heart to pound in my chest. Within moments, a group of police officers emerged from the darkness. As they closed in, they firmly grabbed hold of her, their grip asserting dominance and control. The atmosphere crackled with tension as the weight of the situation settled in.

Amid a terrifying and uncertain situation, a glimmer of hope appeared as David approached me. With gentle hands, he swiftly removed the tight and suffocating ropes that had held me captive for far too long. As the ropes fell away, a rush of relief washed over me, and tears welled up in my eyes. I felt his arms wrap around me in a warm and reassuring embrace, a sense of gratitude and trust engulfed me. It was as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders, replaced by an unshakable sense of security.

Felt a sense of comfort and safety as he gently draped the jacket over me, shielding me from the cold and providing a shield of protection. It was a simple gesture, but it spoke volumes about his caring nature and genuine concern for my well-being. As he scanned my body for wounds, his eyes filled with deep empathy. Each touch was gentle, yet deliberate, as he carefully checked for any signs of injury.

Are you okay? "I'm sorry for being late. " David stated this while tightly squeezing me. I could see tears welling up in his eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm OK. You arrived on time, else she would have killed me." I remarked as I closed my eyes.

As my gaze shifted towards the women standing in the distance. the police officer slowly removed her mask. What I saw left me utterly shocked. 

Please feel free to comment and vote.