Rekindling - Dean Ambrose

YN sat on the edge of her bed, her mind tangled in a web of memories and emotions. The rain outside tapped against the windowpane like a soft, rhythmic reminder of the world beyond her thoughts. She hadn't been back to her hometown in years, not since that fateful summer when everything had changed.

Dean Ambrose, her cousin and once her closest friend, leaned against the doorway, his piercing blue eyes studying her with a mix of concern and understanding. "You alright?" he asked, his voice low and soothing.

She glanced up at him, a sad smile touching her lips. "Yeah, just lost in thought, I guess. It's strange being back here."

Dean nodded, his own gaze distant for a moment. "Tell me about it. This place holds a lot of memories, good and bad."

YN chuckled softly, a hint of bitterness in her tone. "More bad than good, it feels like."

He moved to sit beside her, their shoulders brushing as they shared a companionable silence. "Remember that summer?" Dean mused, a faint smirk tugging at his lips. "The one where we decided to turn our treehouse into a secret lair?"

YN laughed, the sound carrying a mixture of nostalgia and warmth. "Oh, how could I forget? We were convinced we were saving the world one imaginary villain at a time."

"And that time we tried to build that makeshift raft and ended up stranded in the middle of the pond?" Dean added, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Ugh, don't remind me," she groaned, but her eyes sparkled with amusement. "We had to swim back to shore, and I'm pretty sure I swallowed half the pond."

They shared a genuine laugh, the weight of the years seeming to lift for a moment. But then, as the laughter faded, the reality of their estranged relationship settled in.

"We're never going back there, are we?" YN murmured, her voice tinged with a touch of sadness.

Dean's expression grew serious, his gaze locking onto hers. "Not to that place, no. But maybe..." He paused, as if searching for the right words. "Maybe we can find a way back to each other."

She met his gaze, her heart skipping a beat at the earnestness she saw in his eyes. "I'd like that," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Dean reached out and gently squeezed her hand, a silent promise passing between them. The rain outside had turned into a soft drizzle, a reflection of the healing that had started to take place within their hearts.

As the afternoon wore on, they stayed by each other's side, sharing stories of the years that had passed, the dreams they'd chased, and the challenges they'd faced. The walls that had grown between them over time seemed to crumble with every word exchanged, replaced by a sense of understanding that had always been there, buried beneath the weight of the past.

And as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow across the room, YN realized that perhaps returning to the past wasn't about reliving it, but about rediscovering the bond that had once been unbreakable. With Dean by her side, she felt a glimmer of hope that they could overcome the distance that had kept them apart, and maybe, just maybe, build something even stronger from the ruins of their shared memories.

The next night the arena was alive with anticipation, the crowd's cheers reverberating through the air like a thunderous wave. YN YLN stood in the entrance tunnel, her heart pounding in rhythm with the roar of the crowd. Tonight was a night she had been waiting for, a chance to prove herself on a grand stage.

Across the ring awaited Charlotte Flair, a formidable opponent with a legacy as rich as her family's wrestling history. The air crackled with tension as the referee signaled for the match to begin.