Home Early - John Morrison

As I stood in the kitchen, stirring the simmering pot on the stove, the sound of the front door opening caught my attention. I turned around, and my heart skipped a beat as I saw John, my beloved husband, walking in after a long two weeks away. The fatigue etched on his face melted away as he spotted me, and a wide smile spread across his lips.

"What are you doing home? RAW isn't even over yet." I asked, my voice filled with equal parts surprise and delight as I pointed over to the TV that sat in the living room that was on the other side of the bar.

John approached me, his eyes gleaming with affection. "Yeah, I know. I just couldn't take being away from home much longer. So, right after my match I hit the showers and got the hell out of there."

My heart swelled with joy, and I rushed into his arms, feeling his warm embrace envelop me. Having him back home was a relief. "Well, you won't hear me complaining about getting to spend as much time with you as I can." I took a moment to take in the feeling of being in his arms once again. "God, I've missed you.

He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead, his touch sending a wave of comfort through me. "I missed you too, sweetheart. So, what's for dinner?"

I chuckled, gesturing toward the delicious aroma wafting through the kitchen. "Only your favorite, homemade chicken Alfredo with a side of roasted vegetables."

His eyes sparkled with excitement. "You always know how to spoil me, don't you?"

I playfully nudged him. "Well, you deserve it. You work so hard and are away from home for weeks at a time most of the time. So why not make your favorite for you when you get home?"

His lips curved into a mischievous smile. "You really know how to make a guy feel special, don't ya? God, I'm lucky to have you."

My cheeks flushed with warmth at his words, and I reached out to caress his cheek. "Well, it's not like you make it difficult to do so." I said with a small chuckle. "You work so hard to supply us with what we need while being away for most of the year. You need praise too."

Leaning in closer, John whispered, his voice filled with tenderness, "I can't take all the credit. You're the one that keeps me going. Without you, I would have quit doing this a long time ago."

I shook my head slightly, "No you wouldn't have. You love that business too much to give up on it."

John shrugged his shoulders slightly. "I've come pretty damn close before, not gonna lie. That was before I met you. Having you with me through this just makes it a lot easier than going at it alone."

A sympathetic smile made its way across my face. "It is my job as your wife to help you stay the slightest bit sane.

"I do appreciate that." With a playful smirk, John murmured, "And just so you know, after dinner, I have a surprise for you."

My heart fluttered with anticipation. "What kind of surprise?"

He winked at me. "I guess you'll have to wait and see. But I promise it'll be worth it."

As we sat down at the table, sharing a delicious meal and stories of our time apart, the world outside faded into the background. In that moment, it was just us, immersed in the warmth of our love and the simple joy of being together. No work, besides what was showing on the TV, just us. It was something I will forever enjoy.