Beyond the Pages - Edge

I couldn't help but feel excitement building up inside me as I finished the plans for tonight's get-together. YN, my amazing girlfriend, wasn't exactly a big fan of socializing, but I was determined to show her a good time. I knew she preferred her own company and found solace in the pages of books, so I wanted to make sure she felt comfortable throughout the evening. The living room was filled with laughter and chatter as I welcomed my fellow WWE superstars into our home. John Cena, Randy Orton, and even the Hardy Boyz were among the guests. The atmosphere was lively, and I couldn't wait for everyone to have a great time. However, as the night progressed, I realized that YN was nowhere to be found. Concerned, I excused myself from the party and went in search of her. I quietly made my way to our bedroom, where I found her engrossed in a captivating novel.

"Hey, babe," I said softly, leaning against the doorway. "Is everything alright?" YN looked up from her book, her beautiful green eyes meeting mine. "Oh, hey," she replied, a hint of shyness in her voice. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just enjoying my quiet time." I stepped into the room and sat down on the edge of the bed, facing her. "I know you're not a big people person," I began, "but I thought maybe tonight could be different. I wanted you to have a chance to get to know everyone, to enjoy yourself." She sighed and closed her book, setting it aside. "I appreciate that, Adam. Really, I do. It's just... I feel more at ease with a book in my hands. It's my way of escaping, you know?" I nodded, understanding her need for solitude. "I get it, YNN. And I don't want to force you into anything. But these people are my friends, and I want you to feel included in my world." YN's gaze softened, and she reached out to hold my hand. "Adam, you're the most important person in my life, and I want to support you in every way I can. Maybe I can come out for a little while, just to say hello?" A smile spread across my face as I squeezed her hand gently. "That would mean the world to me, YN. You don't have to stay long, but it would be amazing to have you by my side." YN returned my smile, her eyes sparkling with affection. "Alright, let's do this. But if it gets overwhelming, promise me we can escape back to our sanctuary?" I chuckled and leaned in to give her a tender kiss. "You have my word. Let's go out there and show them how incredible you are." Hand in hand, we made our way back into the living room, where the party was in full swing. As we entered, the room fell momentarily silent, all eyes turning towards us. But instead of feeling uneasy, I saw YN stand tall, a newfound confidence emanating from her. With a warm smile, I introduced her to each of my friends, one by one. And as the night progressed, I watched as YN gradually opened up, engaging in conversations and sharing genuine laughter. It was a beautiful sight to behold. As the evening drew to a close, YN and I retreated to our bedroom once again, finding solace in each other's presence. We cuddled up on the bed, sharing stories and reliving the highlights of the night. "I'm proud of you," I whispered, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You stepped out of your comfort zone, and everyone loved having you around." YN smiled, her eyes filled with gratitude. "Thank you, Adam. I couldn't have done it without you. You make everything better." She cuddled into my side and with a content side, her eyes.

I undoubtedly knew that the anxiety she felt throughout the night, though dissipated, drained her energy. I held her close and let the sleep take me as well, happy about how the party turned out to be a great success. It was an even better one once YN came out of her shell for that small about of time.