Chapter 5: The Rookie Part 1

Today was combat class. Cardin was fighting Jaune, however our blond hero was not in the winning side. The brunette bully was standing tall, he didn't break a sweat against his opponent, while Jaune was exhausted, he try to desperatly attack him but Cardin block it and overpowered him.

Cardin: That's the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-

Cardin knee him in the stomach making Junae lose his sword and fall on the ground holding his belly.

He was about to smash Jaune's head with his mace, when Glynda intervened to stop the fight.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough. Students, as you can see Mr.Arc's aura has now dropped in the red, in a tournament style duel. This would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the officiel may call the match.

Pyrrha look at Jaune with slight hint of worry.

Glynda: Mister Arc, It's been weeks now please try to refer to your scroll during combat. gauging your aura will help you to decide when it's appropriate to attack or move to a more defensive strategy.

Y/N lift his hands.

Glynda: Mister L/N, do you have something to say ?

Y/N: Yes. Why would we look at our scroll mid-battle ? It's just asking for death. Your enemies are not going to wait for you to see how much you lost health bars.

Glynda: You are right. However, If you were focus on this lesson and weren't asleep all this time, you would have known that today was a duel style of practice.

Y/N: Oh.... Okay, my bad.

Cardin: Wonder why you are here.

Y/N: Funny, that's the same thing your dad ask your mom about when you were born.

Cardin frown in anger, get down of the arena, walk toward Y/N with his mace in hand, he stop in front of Y/N, looking down on him. No one told a word, silence complete.

Cardin: Care to say that again, loser ?

Y/N: *smirk* Your dad ask your mom why you were born a disappointement. Maybe that's why he never came back from buying the milk.

Cardin was about to hit Y/N with his mace when he was stopped by Glynda's semblance.

Glynda: Enough ! Both of you !

Y/N just shrugged, while Cardin groans in anger.

Glynda: Ahem ! Remember everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away, It won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing. Those who chose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all Vale.

A ring noise signifying the end of the lesson, make the students happy as most of them didn't waste time and gone out of the arena.

-

It was now lunch, Team RWBY and TEAM JNPR were eating together, including Y/N and Chad. Nora was telling a story while they eat.

Nora: So... In the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursa.

Ren: They were beowulves.

Nora: Dozens of them !

Ren: Two of them.

Nora: They were no match, and in the end Ren and I took them down.

While telling the story Ruby and Pyrrha were looking at Jaune with worried faces. Blake was reading a book, Weiss was taking care of her nails and Y/N and Chad were just eating.