Chapter 16: Welcome to our Xcution

Ozpin and Glynda were watching a from Ozpin's office, who is at the top of Beacon, the Atlas fleets coming in huge ships. Which could only mean that the general was here too.

Glynda: Ironwoods certainly love bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and the military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

Ozpin turn his head when he heard a beeping sound signaling that someone was in front of his door. He look at the holographic ringer and see who it was.

Ozpin: Come in.

A man dressed in white enter the office, seemingly happy to see Ozpin.

Ironwood: Ozpin !

The headmaster walk to him but keep a more stiff stance, his two hands behind his back.

Ozpin: Hello general.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities

Th two men shakes hand, then the general look at Glynda who didn't really hide the displeasure of seeing him.

Ironwood: It's been too long ! And Glynda, It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda walk next to Opzin.

Glynda: Oh James... I'll be outside.

She then proceed to do what she say andleave the office leaving the two man alone in the room.

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin then turn and walk to his desk to take his usual mug of hot chocolate. 

Ozpin: So... What in the world has brought  you all the way down from Atlas ? Headmastes don't typically travel with their students for Vytal Festival.

Ozpin finish pouring the dring in the second cup and hand it to Ironwood, who takes it with care.

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of the year. Besides, with you hosting... I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin walk behind his desk, while talk to Ironwood.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends... However... The small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood look slightly unease at what ozpin just told him.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what I brought them.

Ozpin: I understand travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult-

Ironwood: Oz... We both know why I brought those men.

Opzin take a sip of his drink and sighed.

Ozpin: We are in time of peace. Shows power like this.... Are just going to give off a wrong impression.

Ironwood: But If what Qrow said is true-

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival, a time to celebrate unity and peace. So, I suggest you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood:... I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I... Which is why we will continue to train the best huntsman and huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am.

Ironwood heads for the door, but not before facing one last time Ozpin, who was still sit in his chair.