Chapter 42: Affairs of the Heart

The smile on Elliott's face dropped as I looked at him leaning over on crotches. "Expecting someone else?" He asked with a shy smile.

"Ye-yeah, Tyler." His eyes look down to my belly. "Am I going to be a dad again?" I nod. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't."

"Because it's not mine?" I don't say anything because I suddenly started feeling sad. "Is it Tim's?" My eyes Woden looking back at him. "Absolutely not." His jaw clenches. "I can't seem to find out why you wouldn't tell me."

"Honey, is everything ok?" My mom comes out and I turn to her. "Elliott?" She looks shocked. "Hi mom." I furrow my brows. "It's ok, you're divorced now." He clears his throat and when I look back at him he's hanging his head.

"Come on in." My mom says breaking the silence among us. "No it's fine, I just came to give her this." He holds up the bag and I take it. "Nonsense you're still family as long as you left that wretched fiancé of yours behind." She walks closer as she speaks helping him in and he chuckles.

"Mom!" I'm shocked. "Oh come on you're thinking it." I watch them disappear into the house followed by Aiden yelling daddy and I sighed looking outside for Tyler. Where was he and why was Elliott here?

My dad was quiet and I was blowing up Mia's phone, she even called me on video to see if I was behind serious. Only to hang up after she saw him.

"Where is Tyler?" My dad questions looking at me. "I don't know, I tried calling and texting but there is no answer. "You didn't do anything to him did you?" He looks at Elliott and he's quiet not realizing my dad was speaking to him. "El." He looks at me after looking away from whatever he was doing with Aiden and I look at my dad. "Why would I want to do anything to him?"

"You're her ex-husband, probably jealous." My dad shrugs and my mind goes to dark places. El was not like Leon plus... "That's silly dad, he doesn't love or remember me."

"Then why is he here?" I look over at El, why was he? I mean, he could have easily sent the gift by mail. "I need to speak with Gianna."

"It's her birthday, at least be appreciative after everything you put her through, her first birthday in a new life without you." El doesn't speak and his expression saddens.

"Dad." I say. "He's right, I shouldn't have come here. I guess I'm a little too late" He begins standing and Tyler finally comes in putting his bag on the floor after assessing the room. "Hi baby." He walks over to me hugging then kissing me and kneeling before me. What does he mean by little too late?

"Sorry I'm late." He dips in his pocket and removes a jewelry box. "Happy birthday." He hands it to me with a tiny bow on top. "Good, we are all here, time for cake." My mom steps in with the cake and begins singing and I begin smiling until I look over at Elliott who sings happy birthday to me but is sad and doesn't look at me.

"I'm sorry about my dad." I say to Elliott as we sit on the back patio. "It's fine, I deserve that." I shake my head. "It's not your fault you lost your memory, he's just mad that I got hurt by you again." He sighs. "He doesn't remember when I made you happy either too it seems." I chuckle and so does he.

"You seem like you like this life more than the one you had with me." I'm quiet because I don't know if that was a question or a statement, it seemed like both.

"It's more private, like what I was used to before face but, it's nothing compared to what we had." I look at the rain pouring. "Really?" I nod looking at him and he smiles.

"Is Tyler still good to you?"

"Too good." He chuckles as I blush. "That's what you deserve."

"Why did you come here?" He's quiet as he stares at the rain too. "It doesn't matter anymore but, part of it was for your birthday. I on the other hand need to go back to my wretched fiancé." We both laugh.

"Sorry about my mom." I touch his hand. "And I'm really sorry about my dad. "It's fine I know that's how she is and I'm used to your dad." I move my hands putting them in my lap because I'm thinking that his choice of words seem like he's remembering.

"Elliott-." He was begging to stand. "The rain stopped.  I should get going." He's off with his crotches, either trying to avert my question I was just about to ask after realizing what he just said or trying to just leave. I let him do the latter.

Later that night after everyone left my house I was upstairs with Tyler who hasn't spoken a word to me after I left to go speak with Elliott.

"What are you doing?" I question as he sits on the bed in new dress clothes. "Nothing, waiting on you."

"Are we going out?" I stand in front of him and he looks up. "Wouldn't you worried if someone saw your belly?" I chuckle. "I forgot." He furrows his brows. "You forget you're pregnant." I nod as his tone was annoyed.

"What did you and Elliott talk about?" I sit beside him as I know now why he was dressed. "Nothing." He sighs. "It was mostly me apologizing for the way my dad spoke to him and the something my mom said.

"So, not getting back together." I hold his hand. "No." I smile. "Were you guys talking when I was gone?" I nod. "You told him he could come to your party." I shake my head. "It was intimate, you know only family and Alex with her girlfriend."

"He's family."

"Yeah but,-."

"He also knows your pregnant now."

"Yeah, I don't see how that changes anything, not like he seemed concerned or anything."

"Are you gonna open his gift?" He looks over at my vanity where the bag sat and I went to get it. "I'm sure whatever it is, yours is better because you know me, his will probably be meaningless." I say as I go into the bag, Tyler got me a charm bracelet from Pandora with special charms.

"What is it?" I open the box as he watches. "A locket." I opened it and my eyes watered as my throat burned.

"He gifted you a locket with a picture of yourself in glasses and a quote?" I blink a few times. "It's not just any photo." 

I sang songs to
Make you smile
Then you gave me
Lullabies, you're
Still a BABE even
With nerdy eyes ꨄ.

I chuckle then smile as tears fell down my cheeks, he had to sing to me a lot then he had to for Aiden when he was a baby. "This photo was from my first birthday with him."

"Shit." He says, sounding defeated and I sniffle.

"He remembers, he fucking remembers." He threw his hands in the air then walked out the door, I began dialing Elliott.