Epilogue

Eighteen years ago I lost both parents, well I lost my mom but, you can pretty much say I lost my dad too.

As young as I was I was still able to understand that my father was different, too different, he was empty.

The older I got the more I realized how deep his feelings were for my mother and it made me never want to love anyone like that, ever.

He resented his own daughter, my sister Ellie, all because she looked more like my mother with age.

My heart aches for her because she would never understand the love I felt being raised by both of them. With our mom gone and my dad barely here, I tried offering her some bit of affection.

Some form of substance, a foundation of love that she could build off of, but she loved our father dearly, something I wish she would never grow to do.

Why? Simply because she would grow to love resentment. There were moments when he treated her like the world and there were moments when he'd go crazy... Making advances at her like she was mom.

Whenever he'd come to his senses, he'd keep his distance, since she got older and began wearing makeup that's when he stayed further away.

The times when she should be learning of love, a father's love and how important it was to differentiate between them, was the time he stayed away the most. 

We were left mostly with our father since he would begin to act normal whenever we had guests so, nobody really understood what we were going through, though, staying with him was bad for our mental health. 

Aunt Mia probably would have noticed, but since my mother and her had a falling out back in the day, she cared less for us heck, she almost didn't show up to the funeral.

Maybe it was guilt? I don't know, based off what uncle Tim told me, I wouldn't put her down for that.

I know the story of my mom's life. Everything that she had been through, every pain that she had felt, her daily struggles.

Her life was out there, all over the internet like a story book. I feel tears in my eyes as I look at a photo of her smile. She was so beautiful and looked so happy here, before she was even pregnant with me.

I hold the picture close to my chest as I closed my eyes forbidding tears to fall.

I promise you that as soon as get my hands on Joseph Grayson he will no longer exist in this world for causing our family this much pain.

My uncle, my father's older brother, a love child of my grandfather's bitter mistake was the reason my mother was no longer alive.

Revenge, malice, hatred, things he felt after his own brother took their monster of a father out.

His own brother to suffer the consequences of his actions, but what about us? My mother didn't kill their father, my father did.

Call me selfish but sometimes, just sometimes I wish my father was the one gone and not my mother.

I have witnessed first hand her moving on without him, being happy again but him. This selfish prick, he could not live a day without her being gone forever. I fold my fist as I look at him sitting in the yard outside the window.

"Useless." I scoff. "What is?" I turn around to see Ellie walking into my room. "The term is who and that's your father."

"Our father." She corrects folding her arms. "And don't give him a hard time today, he's having a bad day."

"Yeah well we've had a bad life." I put my hands in my pockets. "I'm not doing this back and forth with you, at the end of the day he's our father and will always be, we can't change that." I shake my head, poor girl.