ch 3 Gear up

"Ready for some more action?" E.Gadd asked.

"Yes/No" Spectra and Luigi said.

"Ah, such courageous spirits. You know, you remind me of myself at your age youngsters. Ho ho! Those were the days..." E.Gadd said.

Luigi sighed in defeat while Spectra chuckled.

"Anyhoo, we need to start searching for the rest of the Dark Moon. Luckily, I've got just the invention to make our job easier! I call it the Parascope, a tip-top device that detects and measures distant paranormal signals. In fact, I just used it to scan the Gloomy Manor and I found some strong activity in the north rooms" E.Gadd said.

"Then that's where we'll start our search" Spectra said.

Luigi shook with fear.

"Ho ho! You haven't changed a bit, my boy. There's no reason to be scared now that you're equipped with my mighty Poltergust 5000!" E.Gadd said.

Spectra pressed a button and a monitor lowered showing a mechanism.

"There's a mechanism that controls the access to that section. Luckily I know how to operate it" Spectra said.

"The access mechanism is in the foyer. I'll give you two instructions once you get there" E.Gadd said.

Spectra nodded.

"Got it" Luigi said.

"Now get a move on!" E.Gadd said.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Luigi and Spectra reassembled in the entrance.

"Alright, let's get to it" Spectra said.

The two entered the guard hall and ran to avoid the suits of armor. Spectra was about to open the door when she heard noises.

"Do you hear that?" Spectra asked quietly.

Luigi listened before nodding. Spectra carefully opened the door and the two peeked inside.

There they saw four red Slammer ghosts by the mechanism. One of the ghosts punched their arm into the mechanism and pulled out four gears. The ghost tossed the gears to their buddies. Two of the Slammers started to fight when a third Slammer bonked their heads together making them stop. The ghosts then split up and flew into the west wings, two on the first floor and two on the second floor.

Once they were gone the two ghost hunters entered the room.

"No, no, no, this is bad" Spectra said rushing over to the mechanism.

Spectra observed the mechanism.

"Rats!" Spectra said pounding the wall in frustration.

Just then the DS rang. Luigi answered the DS while Spectra walked over to him.

"Hello?"

"Dagblasted ghosts! How bad is the damage?" E.Gadd asked.

"The four main gears have been stolen. I can fix it but I'll need those gears back" Spectra said.

"I'll use the parascope to find 'em. Then you can use the map on the DS to hunt them down!" E.Gadd said.

Luigi had a scared look on his face.

"Ho ho! The terrified look in your eye just gave me a great idea. From now on, I'm going to call the DS- this is genius- the Dual Scream! Ho ho! Oho! Dual Scream! Hooo..."

Spectra shook her head at the Professor's joke.

"Anywho... get those gears back! Look lively!" E.Gadd said before hanging up.