ch 20 Cold Case

After Spectra and Luigi got patched up they met back with E.Gadd.

"I hope you both like snow, because your destination is the top of a snowy mountain" E.Gadd said.

"A secret mining operation was started up there a while back, but it's been abandoned since" Spectra said.

"Apparently the minerals in the mountain - especially the crystals - have unusal properties. Anyhoo, the next Dark Moon piece is somewhere in this location. But the signal picked up by the parascope is unstable because of the terrible weather. Luckily, I already have a Toad assistant there doing research" E.Gadd said.

"Huh, what are the odds?" Spectra said.

"Actually, they're one in 734,958, but that's not important right now. The Toad may have seen where the Dark Moon piece landed, but he's not responding to my calls! He's probably in the chalet, napping in front of the fireplace. I'll pixelate you nearby. Find him and bring him back here so we can talk to him" E.Gadd said.

"Got it" Spectra and Luigi said.

"In the meantime, I'll keep scanning the area with the parascope, looking for our Dark Moon piece. Though the harsh weather will make it tough to find anything" E.Gadd said.

Just then the Toads walked in each holding a winter coat.

"You're gonna need these!"

"It's awful cold up there!" The Toads said handing Spectra and Luigi the coats.

Spectra and Luigi thanked them before putting on the coats.

"Ok, you ready? Here we go!" E.Gadd said.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi reassembled in the chalet approach. Luigi landed face first in the snow and Spectra slipped and fell into an icy puddle. The two got up and dusted the snow off of them.

"Well, here it is. Welcome to the Secret Mine" Spectra said gesturing to the chalet.

"I always come here every winter. It's my favorite place in all of Evershade Valley" Spectra explained as they walked up the snowy path.

As they approached the chalet, they saw something invisible blow on the window and draw a smiley face. The two stood on guard and prepared their poltergusts. Spectra opened the door and they saw a hider ghost sitting in the rocking chair. The hider looked at the two in surprise and tried to fly away. Luigi quickly stunned the ghost. As Luigi was capturing it another hider and a sneaker ghost appeared.

Spectra quickly slipped on her goggles and located the sneaker. She stunned the ghost and captured it. Luigi captured the first hider and began searching for the second one. Luigi opened a chest of drawers and a surprised hider popped out. Luigi quickly stunned and capttured the ghost.

Spectra moved her goggles to the top of her head and looked around the room. Luigi looked around as well but couldn't find the Toad.

"I don't see him in here" Luigi said.

Spectra climbed up the ladder to her loft bedroom above the fireplace.

"He's not up here either" Spectra said before climbing down.

Just then the DS rang and Luigi answered it.

"Hello?"

"Any sign of the Toad?" E.Gadd asked.

"I'm afraid not, professor" Luigi said.

"He better not be fishing in that fishing hut out back. I'm not paying him to catch fish. Well, unless they're some kind of freaky ghost fish! Boy, wouldn't that be something?" E.Gadd said before hanging up.