ch 30 King Boo's Illusion

Spectra and Luigi reassembled in midair and yelped as they fell to the floor. They got up and saw they were in some sort of black void.

"What happened? Why aren't we back in the Bunker?" Spectra asked as the two looked around the void fearfully.

"I don't know, but I've got a bad feeling about this place" Luigi said.

Suddenly evil laughter could be heard as multiple windows appeared all around them. Spectra and Luigi stood back to back anxiously waiting to see what happens. The laugher could still be heard as King Boo's shadow passed by one of the windows. The shadow kept passing by windows and the laughter got louder. Spectra and Luigi tried to keep their eyes on the shadow but it was moving too fast. They eventually stumbled and fell to the ground. The laughter died down and the windows disappeared.

The two sat up and calmed their racing hearts. Lugig gasped when he saw Mario's painting floating infront of him.

"It's Mario!" Luigi said.

Luigi reached for the painting when it suddenly disappeared revealing King Boo. King Boo laughed evilly as Spectra and Luigi backed up in fear.

"Mwahahaha! Now what do we have here? Why, if it isn't my old pal Luigi! Or is it Baby Luigi? I can't tell the difference. Hey, remember that time you trapped me in a painting for all eternity? Good times. But guess what? I GOT OUT! And now I'm painting the town red!" King Boo said.

Spectra gathered her courage and glared at King Boo.

"Y-You won't get away with this!" Spectra said.

King Boo grinned evilly at Spectra.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't little orphan Spectra. Her parents didn't love her, so they left her to be raised by ghosts" King Boo taunted.

Spectra growled in anger and grabbed a wrench from her toolbelt.

"SHUT UP!" She yelled as she threw the wrench at him.

King Boo blasted the wrench with his jewel, turning it into ashes.

"Temper, temper. What would your family say?" King Boo mocked.

"Yes, it was I who broke the Dark Moon! This power-enhancing jeweled crown of mine made it easy. And now that all the ghsots of Evershade Valley are under my control... It's time to take my rightful place as the Supreme ruler of your world! You two, that annoying scientist, and all your friends will look great hanging on the wall of my throne room! Aaaaaaha ha ha!" King Boo cackled.

The jewel on his crown started to charge up with power. It became so bright that Spectra and Luigi had to cover their eyes. The jewel sent out a wave of energy and the area around them changed. The floor was now floating in a purple void with an energy fence around it.

King Boo slammed into the floor, causing it to ripple like water. The wave knocked the two off of their feet. The two looked up and screamed as they saw metal spiked balls falling towards them. They quickly got up and ran before the spiked balls could crush them. The floor then started to tilt and Spectra and Luigi struggled to stay balanced. The ran around avoiding both King Boo and the rolling spiked balls. King Boo slammed into the floor causing a ripple effect. The wave tossed the spiked balls up into the air. King Boo approached Spectra and she tried to stun him with the Strobulb. King Boo laughed evilly.

"Nice try, but that stupid thing doesn't work on-"

King Boo was interuppted by a spiked ball landing ontop of him. King Boo became dizzy and the two saw their chance. Spectra and Luigi started to suck him up with the poltergusts. Just when it seemed he was captured, King Boo broke free and grew twice as big. King Boo cackled before slamming into the floor. The floor tilted causing Spectra and Luigi to slide down. A window rose up and the two crashed through it into a long hallway. The two looked back to see the giant King Boo charging at them.