Chapter 5 : Remebering the past ♡

[Play the song from the beginning of the chapter]

His each and every hope was just gone in a second when meera said that.
He wanted her to tell that she was lying , she was joking , but he wouldn't because he knew that she wasn't lying.

Every inch of his body and soul screamed not to give up on that feeling that has bought him here.

And yes he was not ready to give up because he wouldn't have come here if his heart wouldn't say to still find her and have hope.

His thoughts were interrupted by Meera "Aap ka naam Edward hai na?!, ek minute rukiye main abhi aati hun"

{ Your name is Edward right?! Just wait for a minute I'll be back }

She went inside and after awhile she came out with a book and something inside of that book.

She handovered it to Edward and said "Didi ne Edward naam ke ladke keliye yeh andar rakha tha, didi ne mujhse kaha tha ke wo use dena chahti thi"

{ Sister said that she kept this book inside for a man named Edward and she wanted to give this to him}

Yeh aapkeliye hi haina ? She asks him

{It is for you only right?}

He studies the book and smiles and strokes the book with his fingers, feeling the love he has been missing in his life.

He glances over meera and nods his head as if answering her question.
Meera leaves him and goes inside so that he could be alone.

He then opens the book and sees the words written in hindi with big bold letters in red ink *Manjari ki kahani* and then he glances down of the book and sees *Ese kisike kahani nahi padhte!*

{ Kahani means story}

{ U shouldn't read someone's diary like that !!}

He chuckles while reading it and then turns to the next page in which a dried rose is kept safely inside the book/journal.

Tears starts forming in his eyes as he remembers his past.

Then he turns next page and sees a lot of pictures sticked in her journal which were mostly of him and also hers..
His face turned to uttersadness.

He then flipped the next page qnd saw the date and starts reading it...

**STORY AHEAD**

*9th January 1946 [ Past ]*
*Calcutta, India *

The scene opens from the temple of kaalika ma, where everyone are praying by joining their hands and making their wish to God to fulfill it!

It was a very warm morning and everyone seemed so happy.

All the kids were playing and roaming here and there and the priest was bringing up the prashad in big bowl to offer it to the people.

But suddenly that prashad was snatched from the priest and it was a girl with a long braid on her back who wore a red saree which was enhancing her skin by the sunlight.

She was running and laughing with priest following her and running behind her.

Her smile was like the water droplets that made sound when they fall on the land, making a rhythm.

She stops suddenly infront of some kids and keeps the prashad in each bowl and starts feeding them with her own hands.

The priest stops behind her and sees what she is doing.