Chapter 12 : Blast from the past♡

Edwards POV;

Its time! , I get ready in a black tux and glance at the clock.

It was 7:30!

10 minutes to go!!

I look into the mirror, I see myself and take a long deep breath, I keep the gift inside my suit that i bought this noon.
Then I head outside.

As i go , i see so many people have already gathered here, I see my father talking to someone and I see someone familiar beside him.

It was my mom, oh my god! my mom came! I didn't know she was coming.

I call out "Mother!!!" I run over to her and embrace her tightly. She hugs me back and lays her head gently on my chest. I feel my eyes water.

OK so, my mom's name is 'Clara Fletcher Thomas.'
When we were in Britain she was the only one that took care of me, she was the only one who used to understand me, not even my father!

I was the only child she had, my mom and dad never loved each other. It was an arranged marriage, my mom never liked the boys who were sadistic, arrogant and strict. But guess what?, My dad was totally this kind of guy and yet she married. It's not her fault, she didn't know my father would be like this ,before marriage.

So, they both never have this wife and husband conversations, they just talk like the King and the Queen to each other, even in their own home. I don't blame them. Its their life.

And one day I hear my father say that we are heading to a country called 'India'. I was so excited and i said yes but my mom refused to come. I confronted my mom about it. She told me that she doesnt like the way my father rule the people and snatch their homes. She said she don't want to see the people suffer infront of her eyes and do nothing.

I was utterly shocked when she said that, she told me that my father's intention was never good about going to India. But my mom told me I had a good one, so she took a promise from me claiming that I will not let anything bad happen to the people and be kind to them.

And I did, i wast just sad , i was far from my mom!

I never really talk to my father, I have great chit chats with my mom everyday, but seeing her today here was something that I didn't expect.

I pull away from my mom and see her face wet with tears, I wipe them off quickly and keep my finger on the corner of her lip turning it up [Like to smile]. She smiles sweetly and wipes my cheeks too. She kisses me on my forehead and says "Eddiee!! I missed you so much, my son!!"

I answer her saying "I missed you to mother!!"

She nods her head and I continue "But, how are you here?you told me...- she cuts me off

"Yeah but I couldn't stay longer without my son there!!"
She says with a smile. Then she looks at me from head to toe and whispers in my ear "Hmm, my son looks so handsome today!! , wish I could've got you as my husband and not your father!!"

I look at her with wide eyes and she has that teasing smirk on her. I too decide to play with her and say "Well ur fate was not that lucky enough!!". She puts her hand on heart and fake gasp as if she's hurt, then she hit my shoulder playfully.

We both then laugh at each other, I hug her from side and place a light kiss on her hair.

"Well, Well what do we see, mother's return had made my son forget his father??" I hear my father's voice and i pull away from my mother. I turn towards him, i see he is standing there with his arms open. I look at my mom she just nods her head lightly.