Chapter 12

~~~

Ashley's POV—

My mom's mouth immediately drops in surprise at the news. "What? You're being serious?"

"Yeah. Evan and I just had our first appointment with an OB today. I'm roughly 8 and a half weeks along," I tell her as I dig through my purse to pull out the pictures we got from our appointment today.

My mom just about gasps when she looks at the pictures. "You're not lying to me, are you?" she asks, even though she's holding proof of it in her hands.

"No, we'd never lie about something like this," Evan tells her, making my mom look up at her. Then look back and forth between me and Evan.

A short moment later—

She's rushing towards me, hugging me tightly. "First off, I'm way too young to be a grandmother. But—oh my god, oh my god," my mom says as she pulls away enough and glances down. "You're gonna be a mom! That's exciting."

"Yeah, we think so too," I tell her, not being able to hold back the tears from forming in my eyes at her approval of it.

"How are you feeling? You feel ok? I know of a couple of tricks that might help you with morning sickness if it's bad," she then tells me.

"I have been feeling pretty sluggish, and the sickness has definitely been shitty. Maybe I will take those tips."

Mom nods, a big smile still on her face before she faces Evan. "You wasted no time, did you," she accuses before she gives Evan a hug.

"Uh...something like that, sure."

"You two could've waited a little longer to try aiming for a kid, too, you know," my mom then says, mainly to Evan. As if she's blaming Evan for getting me pregnant.

"We weren't aiming for a kid. It just...happened," Evan says, trying to defend herself.

"Yeah, I can understand that...you better make sure nothing happens to them, though. Or I swear to God, Evan..." mom trails off, the threat being heavily implied.

"Don't worry, Bec. I have every intention of making sure Ashley and the baby are safe."

"Trust me, mom. Evan's been hovering since she found out." I say, being slightly annoyed now because of the fact that Evan really has been hovering.

I mean I get that she wants to make sure I'm fine and everything. But I'm not helpless.

She's being a bit dramatic.

"In my defense, you are carrying very precious cargo," Evan says to me. As she walks back over to me, slipping her arm around my waist.

"Oh my god, I just can't believe this is happening," my mom says, the smile still very well on her face as she pulls me in for another hug.

"Congrats," Kyle offers, giving Evan a firm pat on the back.

"Thanks."

"Ok, while I could hug you death for the rest of the night, I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. You gotta try eating too," mom then tells me, glancing down at my stomach.

"Yeah, eating's been a bit of a trip for the past few days to be honest," I tell her.

"Believe me, I've been there. Come on," she then grabs my hand and pulls me towards the kitchen.

Evan and Kyle follow us, helping us get dinner in serving bowls and on plates before further helping with setting the table.

Zach eventually joins us again and all but shoves his mouth full of food once we start eating. When mom tries to suggest he slows down, Zach just responds with 'I'm a growing boy, I gotta eat.'