Chapter 19

~~~

Evan's POV—

"And 5, 6, 7, 8," my choreographer says, speaking loud enough so we can hear her through the various activities in the room.

Then, me and my backup dancers go through the routine. They go all out and actually do it. I spot my way through it. All the while my choreographer counts out the beats.

"Good. Take 5 and then we'll run it one more time before we move on," my choreographer then says as we finish the routine. One of them at least.

There's a few.

While the dancers go and take a break, I don't get such a luxury yet. Instead, they choose now to do a mic check.

Takes a bit longer than the 5 minute break my dancers took, but when it's done, my choreographer steps back up and gets us going again.

A while later, time to get lighting worked out.

In the past few months, I've been able to finish recording, shoot a couple videos, and plan an album release—which is what we're currently working on setting up.

Venue's all picked, sold tickets that sold out quickly, got some merch made, arranged a couple of special appearances, and now it's just a matter of getting the venue all set up.

People are everywhere trying to set up things for tonight. Most of the preparations are done, it's just some last minute technical things. And doing a quick run through of the routines.

It's gonna be a long day, that's for sure.

Setting up should be done in a few hours. Then I have to finish autographing badges, posters, and physical copies of my album.

Lunch will be thrown in there somewhere.

And then it's one more run through, light and sound check, and then I'll be meeting my fans who got VIP tickets. Followed by a quick Q and A that Chrishell managed to convince me to do, and the first screening of one of my videos.

And then I'll actually get going with singing and all that.

A lot to do within less than 24 hours.

"Evan, what are you doing now?" my stylist, Lena, asks me as she quickly approaches me.

"I'm about to get lunch—"

"Can I borrow you real quick? It won't take long, promise," she pleads.

And even though my stomach growls, "yeah. 10 minutes. And then I need to eat something."

"10 minutes is all I need," she says before she grabs my hand and leads me into the dressing room my crew managed to arrange for me. A sign with 'Evan Carter' across it up on the door.

Lena immediately pulls me over to a clothes rank with dozens of different tops and pants hanging up on it. Her and another stylist go over several combinations, asking me for my input here and there. Eventually, an outfit is picked.

And with that, I head over to a table with lunch already laid out on it. But before I can actually start eating—

"I brought your homework," Landon says as he sits down next to me on the couch. Dumping a small box of VIP badges and physical copies of my album.

"Can I eat first? Please?" I beg him, my stomach growling. I'm so hungry that it's starting to hurt.

"Oh, yeah. Go ahead. But then you should get these done," Landon says before he rushes to the table with lunch on it. "I'd help you if I could—but I can't forge your signature."