Chapter 32

Hey Creampuffs!

Things are starting to look up with me, and things are finally back to normal with my family. In case you guys care and want to know, my family emergency has pretty much been resolved (it wasn't as big of an emergency as we had thought).

So things are good again.

And I'm finally starting to my writing back on track too—with this book and She's All I Need, so I'll be trying to update more. Especially now since my schedule is far less demanding.

So there's my update.

Now les do it.

~~~

Ashley's POV—

Sighing, Diane and I walk out of the meeting room. "Sorry I had to call you in at the last minute."

"It's ok. Things happen," I just tell her as we make our way down the corridor, looking around for a particular person.

There was an issue with Isaiah, the one person who everyone here doesn't like.

I had finally mustered up the courage the ask Diane why he was still working here to begin with earlier when I first arrived today. Isaiah is apparently Diane's nephew and she had let him work here as a favor for her sister.

Diane couldn't just turn her nephew away, I guess.

But apparently...

The person he was interviewing recently for an article had an issue with him too. Had a big enough issue to file a complaint against him. And when Diane heard about it, and what they had complained about, she just about blew a fuse.

No offense to Isaiah or anything, but I'm hoping he'll get fired from this whole situation—or at least at some point soon. He's caused enough issues within our department among our coworkers, maybe him causing trouble with our literal clients will be enough to get him gone. Nephew or no.

"I heard the daycare's closed, were you able to find a last minute babysitter?" Diane then asks me, surprising me a bit with her concern over my personal life.

Though I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Diane has usually shown a certain amount of concern for my personal issues since I've been working for her. She's considerate in that aspect, and I like that. I like that she genuinely cares about the well-being of her employees.

Now if she'd just fire Isaiah's ass...

I'd love her even more.

"Yeah, I was able to find a last minute babysitter," I just tell Diane. The mention of the topic putting me even more on edge.

Do I think Evan would let something happen to Jaxon?

No.

But that fact of the matter is that this is the first time she's being left alone with him. She hasn't been left alone with him up until now because of my lack of trust in her still. If circumstances were different, she wouldn't be the one babysitting him at all right now.

But my options were limited.

And the idea of my baby boy being all alone with her intimidates me.

And if things go well, and I return to Caleb's house to find Jaxon still in one piece, would that automatically obligate me into letting Evan watch him regularly?

I don't know if I could do that.

Sighing, I try to shake the uneasy feelings aside so I can focus on the task on hand.