Chapter 14

Hey Creampuffs!

Just needed a week off from writing. Had a lot to do.

Updates might be spotty for a little bit for this book and "She's All I Need" because it's past midterms and I usually have more work to do during the second half of semesters.

Please bear with me. I can only get so much free time sometimes when I have other responsibilities.

Enough chit chat for now tho.

—Max :)

~~~

Ashley's POV—

"Feeling ok?" Evan asks me as she continues to softly rub my lower abdomen where my stomach is protruding a bit.

I'm still not showing that much. The slight bump is still only noticeable if I'm either wearing tight-fitted clothing or if I'm naked. Making it easy for me to still pass as not pregnant.

Evan doesn't need either of those things though—since she already knows that I'm pregnant.

Every morning we wake up and the second Evan notices I'm awake, she moves closer and her hand instantly finds itself on my lower abdomen. She likes to spend a few minutes just softly rubbing it, a smile and a look of wonder on her face.

This morning is no different.

Her hand is on my stomach, softly rubbing it. A soft smile on her face.

And given everything that was said last night, it's honestly a relief that she's even doing this to begin with. Because I know the idea of Eli potentially being the father hurts.

"So far, yeah," I tell her, my chest tightening as Evan's smile grows softer somehow.

Her eyes trail down, lingering on where her hand is placed.

One things for sure.

If Eli does turn out to be the biological father, I don't want him doing this with me—even if the baby ends up being his.

This will only be for me and Evan.

No one else.

If only because it feels so intimate. And I don't want that kind of intimacy with anyone else but Evan.

"Good. It's about time that whoever's in here gives you a break," Evan says, softly laughing as her attention remains fixed on my lower abdomen.

She had slipped her hand under my shirt, opting to feel it directly today. I don't necessarily mind—it just tickles from time to time.

And even though I want to just bask in this moment of bliss, with no worries of time because it's Saturday and I don't have work...

Our conversation last night plays in my head over and over again. The different scenarios of what could happen next following it.

One being that Evan stops doing this if Eli's the father. And if she were to stop, can I really blame her?

Evan suddenly snaps her head back up, looking at me with fresh worry in her eyes. "What's wrong, Love?"

"What?" I mumble out, my voice cracking a bit. Flinching at the sound of my voice, I bring my hand up to my face and find tears slipping from my eyes.

I'm crying?

"You're crying...what's wrong?" Evan asks again, moving her hand around my waist this time as she tugs me closer to her.

Fuck these hormones and Evan.