Chapter 30

~~~

Ashley's POV—

"Thanks so much for babysitting tonight," I tell my mom as I hand her Jaxon's stuff—everything he'll need for the night.

"Don't mention it," my mom says as she takes all of Jaxon's stuff. "I don't think you've been out since Jaxon was born. So I think this'll be good for you."

"Yeah," I just agree before I call for Jaxon's attention. Telling him that he's going to have so much fun with grandma and that I'll see him in the morning. All while he fiddles around with one of the few toys I let him bring.

It's New Year's Eve, and I'm going to Caleb's annual New Year's Eve party.

Most of my coworkers will be there too, since it's mainly a business party. And since I work at Eden Media now, I'll know plenty of who all will be there.

I haven't been to the New Year's Eve party in years. Since before Jaxon was born. And this'll be my first time going out since becoming a mom. So I'm excited for it.

"I love you so much, Jax," I tell Jaxon as I give him a big hug. Pressing several kisses to his forehead. Him trying to get away from me by the 2nd kiss.

A few moments later and I'm driving away from my mom's house.

When I get home, the first thing I do is literally crash. I strip down to just my bra and underwear, get under the covers on my bed, and pass out a few moments later.

With working full time, and being a single mom taking care of a toddler, I rarely get breaks. It's get up in the morning and get myself and toddler ready for the day, leave and go to work, pick up toddler and resume being a mom until toddler is asleep. And usually by then, I'm exhausted.

Leaving little room for breaks, leisurely activities for myself, or naps.

So my entire body crashes once I'm alone in my house. And a couple hours long nap later, I fix myself something small to eat. And then I start getting ready for tonight.

With my favorite songs blasting through my Bluetooth speaker, the one Evan got me for Christmas, I shower and get my hair looking all nice.

I hardly ever put a whole lot of effort into my hair nowadays. Mainly because I usually only have time to brush it and leave it down or throw it up into a ponytail and call it a day.

So finally being able to do more with my hair feels like a treat.

"Ouch," I hiss out as I accidentally burn my finger on the curling iron. "Forgot how easy it is to burn yourself on this."

A few moments under cold water and my finger feels a bit better. Allowing me to resume getting my hair done.

Eventually my hair's at a good place for me to start getting my face ready. Finally having the opportunity to put more effort into my makeup.

Once my makeup's all done, I finish getting dressed before I finish my hair.

Several moments later, I'm standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom. Twisting and turning to thoroughly check if everything looks good. Deciding that I'm killing it, I head out of the bathroom.

"Shoes, shoes...where the hell did I put my shoes?" I say as I look around my room and closet for the shoes I wanted to wear tonight. Eventually, I find them. With the shoes, my phone, and my hand purse, I finally start getting ready to leave.

Moments later, I'm pulling out of my driveway and heading towards the venue of Caleb's annual New Years Eve party.

The event is usually held at Evan's grandparent's home. The size of the place far surpassing Caleb's house.