Eric Carr #4

"Eric . . ."

He took your hands. "Yes, baby?"

You paused, looking into his eyes. You could see how in love he was, how completely lovestruck he became whenever he gazed at you. Because that's what he was right now. Lovestruck.

Eric raised your hands to his lips, pressing gentle kisses to your knuckles. Suddenly you felt butterflies in your stomach. Was this true love? Is this how it felt like? You knew it had to be.

After all this love . . . it was strong, powerful. You cared deeply for him, and you knew he cared about you the same way. The affection you had for each other, the loyalty, it was indescribable. But the love was pure and deep. It was real.

And you ended up thinking about it on this night. On this dark, beautiful night. You and Eric were currently outside under the stars. The crescent moon was visible in the sky, making the night even more perfect. It made you want to stay out there forever. Stay in his arms and forget about everything.

"What is it?" he asked curiously.

And just by one action, by one look, you grew speechless. You lowered your eyes, not knowing what to say. Even if you knew, you wouldn't know how to begin. All you could think of was Eric's presence and the love that was radiating from him.

He kissed your fingers one by one, making you look at him again. A smile appeared on his face as he let go of your hands, soon cupping your face with his own. He caressed your cheeks with his thumbs.

His actions caused your knees to go weak. No matter what Eric did, he always seemed to get that reaction out of you, even without knowing. You placed your hands on his arms before your knees had the chance to buckle.

"I just . . . I just love you so much, Eric," you whispered.

A bright smile came upon his lips. He gave you a soft kiss. "I love you."

No words were spoken after that. Not for awhile, at least. What else could you say? Besides, the silence was enough. The peacefulness. Just you and Eric in what seemed to be your own little world.

You wrapped your arms around him, and he did the same, pulling you close. You closed your eyes and rested your head against his shoulder, breathing in deeply and exhaling. This is where you would be, in his arms.

And this is where you would stay.