Gene Simmons #7

Sometimes you wondered why Gene went for you when he could've gone to the other girls. He could've done it. But he didn't.

He could've left you. He didn't do that, either.

So why did he do it? Why did he stay with you for the past two years? Is he really in love with you like he said?

Stop it, Y/N, you thought. Of course he is.

He proved it many times.

Gene loves you.

You didn't have to worry.

But you had to worry about her.

She was prettier. So much prettier. You wouldn't blame Gene if he ditched you for her right then and there. She was the new assistant who worked alongside you. Not sure why. You could do everything by yourself.

Maybe she needed a job.

You watched her adjust one of the costumes. Gene's, to be specific. You had Peter's on your lap. Somehow he tore it and so now you had to repair it by sewing. While you were both occupied, the boys came in to get ready for the concert.

"Y/N, is my outfit ready yet?" Peter questioned.

"Almost," you responded. "Just a few more minutes."

He nodded before deciding to do his makeup.

The woman, Larissa was her name, was working diligently on Gene's costume. You didn't know what happened but obviously he did something or else Larissa wouldn't be repairing it. Pretty soon she got up and hung it on the clothes rack.

"Gene, your costume is fixed." Her voice was a natural sweet one, something no one can hate even if they tried or wanted to. "Now I hope you boys don't do anything tonight that will ruin your outfits. Or else Y/N and I will end up spending more time on fixing them."

You felt guilty. There she was, considering you as a friend while here you are, thinking that she will steal your boyfriend. Maybe that wasn't her plan after all.

Yet she was still pretty.

So when the concert started, you couldn't focus on it. The audience cheered and screamed. The music played. The singing began. However, when all of this happened, you didn't pay attention to it that much, unfortunately. It wasn't until halfway of the show when you did, though. At one point Gene's eyes met yours and you could see his lips turn into a small smile when he saw the sight of you.

He was happy you were there.

But all you could think about was your rising jealousy.

Sure, Larissa was nice, and she became a great help, but she spent way too much time with Gene. Sometimes it looked like she was flirting with him, though you couldn't tell if that was true or not. You didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversations. You didn't want to be that kind of a person.

At all.

The concert ended many hours later and, when it was the right time to do so, you soon found yourself backstage. Several fans were around, meaning that they had backstage passes to meet the band. You stood by, waiting for the four amazing members to appear.

They came, which made the fans get excited. Some of them started talking a mile a minute due to being so happy to see KISS. You began walking, not exactly sure where you were planning on going when someone tapped your arm.

You looked down to find a girl smiling with her face painted like Catman's. She had to be about eight or nine. "Hi. You're Y/N, right?"

Her words caught you off guard. You didn't know the girl but she knew you. How was that possible? "Yes. How did you know?"

"My mama told me. I figured you had to be Y/N because you're so pretty." The smile remained on her face. "You're the Demon's girlfriend, aren't you?"

Your mouth dropped open but you closed it quickly. "Yes."

"I thought so. Mama told me that, too. You're so pretty, Y/N."

The girl's words brightened your day. They made you happy. Who was this sweet girl saying those such nice words? The only thing you knew about her was that she liked KISS. That was it.

"Can I get a hug?" she asked.

You leaned down to hug her.  She wrapped her arms around you tightly, staying in that position for several seconds before letting go and smiling up at you. That's when someone spoke. "Callie, there you are! Your mother and I have been looking for you."

The voice belonged to a tall man, who held two backstage passes in his hand.

"I'm sorry, Dad," the girl, now identified as Callie, said. "I wanted to meet Y/N."

Right after she spoke, a familiar woman appeared, making you blink. Was that Larissa?

Yes.

It was Larissa, now standing next to the man who spoke earlier. She has a husband and a daughter!

Now you really felt guilty. The woman had a family and this whole time you thought she was going to run off with Gene.

But she wasn't. That was never her intention.

"I hope she didn't cause any trouble," Larissa said, turning to you. "Callie has the habit of running and talking to people she sees when she gets excited."

You smiled, shaking your head. "No trouble at all, Larissa."

"I wanted to meet Y/N," Callie repeated. She looked up at you. "Can I meet Catman?"

"Sure," you said. "We'll all go."

She smiled, taking your hand as the four of you made way to where the band was. At the sight of Peter, Callie let go of your hand and immediately rushed toward him. Larissa and her husband chuckled.

You couldn't believe it. You had no idea that Larissa had a family. She mentioned their names numerous times but you didn't make the connection. You just didn't think about it.

"Well my days are numbered, Y/N," Larissa said suddenly. This made you look at her curiously. She continued. "I won't be the band's wardrobe assistant for too much longer. I'll be here until the tour ends but after that, I'll be leaving to assist another band. They called for me."

Well.

That was disappointing to hear. You thought Larissa's job was going to be permanent. After all you had just gotten used to her presence.

Now you found out that she would be leaving soon.

"I guess you'll be alone with the boys again," she said.

You rolled your eyes. "Don't remind me."

She laughed.

Afterwards you had a conversation with Larissa and her husband for a good while. As time went on, you eventually left to go greet Gene, who you haven't talked to since before the concert.

"So Larissa is really leaving, huh?" you asked, reaching him. "What a disappointment."

You meant this. But instead of replying, Gene stared at you.

"What? It is."

"So after being jealous this whole time, you're now saying that it's disappointing to see Larissa go?"

"I wasn't jealous," you defended even though it was true. You just didn't want to admit it, and Gene knew this.

"I saw the look, Y/N," he said.

"I didn't have a look, Gene. I wasn't jealous."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say. But I love you and I want you to know that."

"I always know that." You smiled, wrapping your arms around him and pecking his lips. "And maybe I was jealous. But the way Larissa was acting around you, I thought she wanted to date you. I didn't know she had a family of her own."

You paused, then said, "I love you."

"I know you do," Gene spoke.

And in an instant, his lips met yours.